Chapter 4

Based on the TV show Dance Academy

GRACE'S POV:

I don't say I love someone to easily. I've talked about why I didn't go to Texas with Ben a million times.

But I regret it.

As part of Marcus and Lucy's job, they have all the Austin ballet's dancers address for letters and such.

So, after practice, I knew Lucy was in the other room, so I went inside her office, and looked through the books.

You'd be surprised how many people's names start with B and last name start with T.

But, as soon as I found it, I took a pen from Lucy's desk and wrote it down on my hand.

I hurried and put the book back where it was and walked back to Lucy's house. Lucy was still working, so I can't really take her car without the keys.

When I got back I took a quick shower, did my makeup, put on a nice outfit, and put my hair in a side bow bun. (a bun that's shaped in a bow [obviously]).

After I got ready, I got an Uber.

Which the uber driver smelt and looked like he was on something, and every time I told him the address he would groan, and made ME pull up my GPS on my phone! Ugh...

Luckily and surprisingly, he got me to the right place.

I walked up the stairs of Ben's apartment building, until I got up to the third floor. This place could use elevators too.

I knocked on his door, and he didn't answer.

Some girl did.

"May I help you?" She asks.

"Ah... no I must have the wrong apartment."

I start to walk away, but she says, "Wait!" I turn back.

"Who are you looking for?"

"His name is Ben." I reply. I don't know why I told her. She probably doesn't even know who he is.

She puts up her pointer finger to let me know to hold on.

After a moment, Ben walks out with the girl. Who is this?

"Grace? Grace!" He says. "How do you know where I live?"

"Lucy has all the dancers addresses, and I wanted to come talk to you.."

The girl with brown hair looked quite annoyed. What nerve.

The girl nudged him and coughed.

"Oh, this is..." he starts.

"Let me guess... your maid?" I tease.

The girl looks super offended as Ben chuckles. This girl has no sense of humor.

She nudges him again, he stops laughing. "For your information, my name is Rachel. I'm his girlfriend of eleven months."

He has a girlfriend... girlfriend.

When she says that, his head tilts down, as if he was ashamed. I would be too. She's a total bore.

"Oh! Girlfriend ay?" I say trying to act not hurt.

Rachel nods and holds Ben's hand.

"So what did you need from Ben?" She asks as if she were the boss of him. Not.

"Um..... I forgot. I think," I couldn't think of what to say. "I... have to go... I have more ballet practise, so..." I lie. Before Ben could stop me I run down the stairs and order another Uber.

Girlfriend. He has a girlfriend. I can't believe I did this to myself.

I don't let people in easily.

I don't want to say "I love you" easily.

Girlfriend.

BEN'S POV:

I feel terrible.

I don't love Rachel.

I mean, I love Rachel, she means the best but... Grace has always been the one.

I know we haven't ever really dated, but we would've.

Then I moved. She didn't come with me. We could have done everything together. Everything.

"Who was that?" Rachel asks. I turn and look at her. "I mean, I know her name is Grace, but... how do you know each other and what did she want?"

I just shrugged. Honestly I didn't listen. My ears weren't working properly.

"Let me guess, she was the one in high school, and now you see her again, you realize I am just a hill in the way of your relationship?" She predicts.

"What?"

Rachel turns me around and starts massaging me. "Look, I've been through this before. In fact, I was in this situation myself once. Your just... in shock." She turns me around again. "I love you. Okay?" Then she walks back inside.

See that is why I feel bad about leaving Rachel.

She has so much to love and no one to give it to.

But, I have to do what's right for me.

Grace.

GRACE'S POV:

I got out of the Uber drivers car and ran into my room.

I fell on my knees and felt like crying.

To be continued...