XVI

"You look beautiful." Tobias said softly, bending down to kiss my glove clad hand.

I glanced down at my baby blue dress. It was poofy and had different white stitchings on it. All and all, I felt ridiculous.

My cheeks warmed but I still sulked, "I have to waddle."

"Isn't that the best part, m'lady?" He replied in a silly accent.

Zeke's voice rang out, "Ladies and gentleman, may I present to you, the Lord and his lady of the manor!"

The people cheered and Tobias tugged me toward the staircase.

I pulled back, "Are you sure? To me Tobias, this means forever." Did he really want to be with me that long?

"Tris," He sank to his knees infront of me, his eyes staring into mine, "I am positive, I will never be able to let you go." He took both of my hands and kissed them, before standing up.

He pressed a sweet kiss to my forehead before, once again, pulling me towards the stairs.

I kept my head down, not brave enough to look up and face the crowd.

I watched my bare feet as we descended the stairs. I had refused to wear shoes. I live here, why should I have to wear them?

Tobias chuckled as he saw this, "You're not wearing shoes." He whispered.

"It's my home." I felt cheeks warm again. I cannot believe I admitted that. It is true though, this is my home. Tobias is my home.

"That it is." He smiled, pressing his lips into my hair.

The guests awed and we finally made it to the bottom of the stairs.

Tobias bowed while I stood there awkwardly. What am I supposed to do?

"Curtsy." He murmurs.

Oh yeah...

I blushed, and did a quick curtsy.

He gave a quiet chuckle, "You're so adorable, kitten."

I flashed him a nervous grin before clinging to his arm, "Don't leave me alone tonight."

"I'm not letting you out of my sight. You're too curious for your own good," He smirked, "It's time for our show. May I have this dance?" He bows.

"You may." I giggle like a child.

Tobias gathers me in his arms, moving us in little circles, dipping and spinning me here and there.

He presses his forehead against mine, our movement slowing to a sway, "You look like an angel, dancing so carelessly. So vibrant." He closes his eyes gently, opening them every second or so as if he's afraid I'm not actually real.

"I love you." I purr, our lips brushing.

"And I you, to the moon and back."

After our dance, the others join in, kicking the ball into action.

Tobias stays glued to my side, but it's not like he has a choice. I'm not letting go.

As the night goes on, the energy in the room lessens. Mine doesn't.

"Can we have another ball tomorrow?" I bounce slightly.

"No."

I pout, "Why not? Let's do it again. How about a week?"

Tobias fights a smile, "You're too cute. We won't have another ball for a while.

"Aww." I whine.

"Alright guys! We will clean tomorrow, just get a good rest tonight." Four shouts to our friends that are now slowly becoming slugs.

I giggle, his chest rumbles when he talks.

He looks down at me and shakes his head, "The things you do to me."

"What do you mean? Did I do something?" I gasp, "Did I step on your foot? I'm so sorry!" I ramble.

He laughs and places a short kiss on my nose, "Kitten, you're so innocent. You didn't step on my foot, I was talking about other things."

"Other things?"

"C'mon, let's get you to bed." He lifts me into his arms like a baby.

"But I'm not tired." I yawn.

"Sure." He says, false belief in his voice, as he carries us to his room.