Chapter One

You must wonder why on Earth you picked a book talking of my life. Well, though not my entire life but if yes, here is my answer to your question. My life has been a dullsville until fifteen days earlier before it took an unimaginable turn. Since times immemorial, I have been one of those stereotypical high school nerds most of the time enthralled by books, career goals, and other convoluted words. To be honest, these are the only things that made sense most. I dare to be the one no girl looks at, for more than a few seconds. Dating? Far beyond my contemplation. I am a good looking guy though before you try to conjecture things. At least my mom presumes it and has convinced me to accept it. But trust you me, high school prom or any prom for that instance sucks. Although after this phase of my life where I preferred to be a slum mock, I had to face the most detrimental adventures. Stuff I have never even dared to dream.

Welcome to the story of my life. I am Aiden Rockhart, one of those normal 18 year olds. Something what I imagined myself to be forever until now. After I graduated from, high school which was four months ago, I took time to breathe. Apart from that I set my career goals and applied for the best Universities in America. I was lucky enough because destiny took me where desired. The Priscan University, Madison. Believe me, one could kill or tell to get into a place this amazing. I always craved to become an animator or a gamer and this University offered an impressive infrastructure and the facilities were beyond imagination.

To add to my parents' pain, I have a twin. Her name is Acacia. We share the same last name. Wildlife, animals, and other deviant stuff bothered her and she hates to get updated in life, which she refers to as "the mad man-mechanic life". But, her baffling inclination towards the cave manness and her obsession with photography landed her in one of the best photography institutes in America, which again is in Madison. So, I'm glad that this munch kin will stay half a mile away from me for the next three years. Even though we promised not to meet because we can't stand each other for more than a few seconds and mom's absence worsens the Vendetta. We are both eighteen now and our parents can't wait to renounce us. Naaah, just kidding. We now live in California, so the only alternative is the brand new hostel life for the two of us.

If I should explain more of myself, I take time to converse. Socialisation has been a foreign policy for me throughout. My usage of political terms or parliamentary language might bother you, just to let you know, I am fascinated on studying political Science and Public administration. But, I will try my best not to repeat it because I want to stop sounding how a boring dork does. I wonder If just me, or If there is anybody else out there who has got a problem getting along with people at once in a different setting. I am very hesitant for this part. My way with girls is horrendous. Acacia can make the best of friends with somebody she met. This is one of my main causes of worries. I hate being by myself anymore. To make real friends is one of my targets, but I am always in the state of mind as of what the other person might think of me. This killed me in course of time and I always end up having no friends. If you expect this way too, I tell you leave it ASAP. It is complicated, but have got to tackle it now. I've done enough of loneliness throughout middle school and high school.

We had to report three days before the opening day and my joining date was a week earlier to that of Acacia's. I was jittery, not to live by myself now, but because I had to leave the people I adore. Since I could not keep up with the few friends I have ever had, it was my family I grew closer to, my dad to pinpoint. He has always been my weakness.

A fine Monday morning and the day I had to leave arrived. I woke up at 5 AM and planned to go for a nice stroll, breathing in every memorable moment. To take with me, I had lots of memories in CA. After resuscitating my memory with the times spent and my favourite places, I headed back home. Everyone was asleep even though it was 7 AM. My father is a disciplinarian. Few of my clothes still lied unpacked, and I set them myself. My high spirits led me to prepare breakfast for the first time in a long while. I went upstairs to my room and sat by the window. It is hard to remember the last time I felt empty and heavy hearted.