Chapter 3

While I was making my way out of the residential campus block, I heard somebody whisper something.

"Where is the coin?" said the voice.

I looked around to check if there was somebody behind me, or trying to play a prank. There was nobody.

"Where is the coin?" said multiple voices.

It freaked me out, and I did not know what to do so, I ran away from there as fast as I could. I couldn't concentrate on my jog as well so I came back soon and watched T.V. It was 8 A.M and since the library would have been open by then, I enquired about the book and the missing pages.

I took the book and went to the library. It was very huge and since I am the king of nerds, it felt like home. I went in search of the librarian. The library was so enormous that I did not come back to the same place again.

There was this one section I found about classics and Mythology. I was trying to find another copy of the book. But no luck, there was not a single one. Just when I turned and was about to leave, i heard a noise behind me. I turned to see where it came. It was Mr. Walter from the graphics class.

"Hello Mr. Walter," I was not sure.

"Good morning, what are you doing here?" he questioned.

"I came looking here for the librarian but couldn't find him anywhere here."

"Well, I work as the librarian here as well," he said. I am quite surprised by this.

I wanted to ask his if he was serious about it, I am scared to. Instead, I accepted it as the reality.

"I was wondering if you could help me find the missing pages in this book," I said whilst handing over the book to him.

"Ah, let me take a look at it," he said, taking the book in his hands, like he was holding a baby.

He took a thorough look at the contents of the book and stared at me.

"So, you want to know about the missing pages," he raised his tone, "Apollo, the son of Zeus!" he screamed at the top of his voice.

I almost peed in my pants with fear and ran out of there at once. My legs were trembling. I ran straight to my room, locked the door and sat on the bed, unable to take in what had just happened.

The whole day I sat on the bed. I did not want to attend any classes. I sat there, with no food, nothing. It was so far the worst day of my entire life.

I mean, why would he call me Apollo, like, the son of Zeus? I would love to be, who doesn't, but what, has he gone nuts or something? Apollo is already above ruling and codifying laws. It was a rather strange thing, even for someone mad to say.

All such thoughts stroll through my mind, and at last, I got out, to get fresh air. It was 10 in the night; I walked out of the main gate of the University, to find that the roads are deserted already. It was unusual to find the roads so calm on a normal day, other than when there is a curfew or something.

Other than me, there were those rogue street side animals, inhaling cocaine and waiting for some girl to pass by. I wanted to avoid this street and thought it would be better to take a deserted road. I diverted and took the road next to it.

As I walked further into the street, I found a man sitting on a bench, under the lamp post. He is still. I wondered if he was even alive. Out of curiosity, I moved closer to him, and found that it was no one else, but Kevin. It was as though he was in the depths of gravity. What was he doing there anyway?