Five

Jared

Everything was a blur. After two bottles of Don Julio, I could barely see straight as Atika and I left the truck stop.

I thought that putting food on my stomach would sober me up. I slid in the passenger seat of her car and fought the urge to throw up.

Atika was pretty fucked up too. I could feel the car swerving a bit as she hopped on the highway.

"You need me to drive?"

She looked at me like I was out of my mind.

"Yeah, right. I'm not trying to die tonight." Then she giggled.

She was fine as Hell. that's all I thought about last night as I let her drink up most of my liquor.

I hadn't chilled with a female in a long time. Since killing Teyanna, most of my time has been consumed with laying low and figuring out how I was going to live.

Not only was she gorgeous, but she had a good conversation.

Unfortunately, I was so drunk that I told her all of my business surprisingly, after finding out how broke, homeless and fucked up I was, she kept talking to me.

That night, she drank for fun, but I was drinking out of anger.

I enjoyed Atika's company, but thoughts of Kay were playing through my mind like a movie. Every time I remembered her smiling and flirting with me, I took a shot.

Everytime I thought about her convincing me how Teyanna needed to be killed, I took a shot.

Everytime I thought about Teyanna's pregnant and blood curdling screams, I took a shot.

I wondered if her baby lived, and I took a double shot.

I was fucked up.

"We're closer to my crib than yours. I'm barely making it," she confessed while fighting hard to keep the car from swerving into the next lane.

"I told you I could drive."

"And I said I wanted to live. Do you have to go home tonight?"

"To the motel? Hell nah."

We both laughed.

"Cool. We're going to my crib then."

That didn't sound bad at all. I was so ready to sleep in a bed with a soft matress. Hell, she could put me on the couch for all I care.

However, when we got to her house in the East, she didn't make me sleep on the couch. she led me through the house by the hand, but we both kept each other from falling over out drunken feet.

It was six in the morning. The sun was coming up. So once we got in the bedroom, I was able to peep a few pictures of her and another Nigga... or a chick... I couldn't really tell since I was so wasted.

But then she drew the curtains and totally blocked out the sun.

She threw me off when she began to take her clothes off. I figured she was too drunk to realize she was about to sleep in her underwear next to a complete stranger.

When I lay down fully dressed, she. shrieked.

"Unh uh, get out of my bed in them clothes you been keeping in that nasty ass motel."

I laughed. "Damn. it's like that?"

"Yup," she said with a laugh. "Take them clothes off."

As I stripped, I told her, "I can sleep in the couch, you know?"