Never Kiss And Tell - 11

waaaah, I'm so sorry. I love you, I promise; I really do. it took me 5ever to write this and I still am not pleased with it, but hopefully it will get better. please don't hate me. /: and I hope your questions get answered soon. leave me love at the bottom so I know you don't hate me, lolol. (;

Nate is on the side, bc he's so sexy and I just wanna stare at him, kaybyenow.

and without further ado... 

Chapter 11

                I swallowed my pride as I knocked on the front door of their house. I knew what I had done last night was wrong and I shouldn’t have overreacted the way I had. I just couldn’t help the anger that erupted inside of me. The anger towards my best friends that I never thought would have existed. She should have understood, she should have agreed.

                “I’ve got it,” I heard the muffled voice of Caroline on the other side of the door before she pulled it open. She had a smile on her face until she realized I was the one on the front porch. “Ariella,” she spoke with a sigh as if I were going to yell at her again and she didn’t want to hear it. “What are you doing here?”

                I took a deep breath, swallowing the lump in my throat as I prepared to speak through tears. Talking about him always did that to me. “I’m here to say that I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have overreacted,” I said gently.  

                “Yeah, you shouldn’t have,” she agreed, crossing her arms over her chest and cocking her hip as she used her body to keep the door open.

                I smiled slightly at how dramatic she was being. Typical Caroline. “Look, I shouldn’t have left you like that, I know. It’s my fault. I’m sorry. I should have talked to you about it and not blown up about everything. I was just so mad at my mom and I wasn’t thinking, I was just acting out of anger. I’m really sorry.”

                “Okay, come here you big goof!” Caroline giggled as she pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. After a moment, she pulled back, looking at me with a worried expression on her face. “Since when did you go so soft on me? Are you feeling okay?” She pressed the back of her palm against my forehead as if to see if I had a fever.

                Of course I didn’t, though.

                I let out a laugh as I watched her pretend to make sure that I was okay. Eventually, I stopped laughing so that I could say, “Okay, clearly I’m not sick. Now let’s go do something, I’ve gotten bored lately.”

                “Yeah, so have I, but what is there to do?” she asked me.

                We both put our fingers to our chins as we tried to think about something amazing that would could do.

                “We could go to the beach?” she suggested.

                “Too overdone,” we said simultaneously, both wanting something new and fresh.

                “Isn’t there a carnival or something in town right now?” I asked, quirking my eyebrows as an idea brewed in my head.  

                “Yeah, it just opened like last week, I think,” Caroline informed me.

                “What do you say about having a little contest?” I ask, tapping my finger against my chin. A smirk spread across my face as the plan formed in my head. Caroline was watching me like I was crazy, still completely confused as to what I had in mind. Oh this would be fun.