I'll protect you

Lauren's P.O.V.

I didn't know what to do. I wasn't in control of my body or actions in that moment. I saw him on top of her and heard her crying. I had to do something to stop him. So, I hit him, I hit him with a book that was on Camila's desk. He just fell to the floor, but he was alive and he still had a grin on his face. I hit him, and kicked him.

"Lauren stop p-please" Camila cried. I had to stop hurting him now before it got too far. But all I know is if Camila didn't ask me to stop I wouldn't have.
I got up from him and dragged him downstairs and threw him out of the house.

"You ever come near her again and I swear you would never walk again." I shouted, which attracted a few people walking by to look in out direction, but right now I couldn't care less about them. I only cared about Camila and her safety.

"Fuck! You're a crazy bitch" He spits back before running off.
I make my way back upstairs to see Camila curled up in a ball on her bed.

"Camz." I say in almost a whisper. "Babe, please talk so I know you're ok."

"I sorry." She cries out.

"Listen to me." I say while placing my hand on her knee. I see her tense up so I quickly pull back. I see her head look up and it kills me to see the pain in her eyes. "Don't you ever, ever say sorry for something like this again. You did nothing wrong. Nothing at all, so don't you ever think that you did."

" Y-you t-to-told me to s-stay away from him, b-but I never."

"Come here." I say while spreading my arms apart. She doesn't hesitate to crawl to me and burry her face in the crook of my neck. "You didn't know he would do something like this. No one knew he would. It's not your fault."

"Thank you." She mumbles outs.

"For what?"

"For getting here before he did anything worse. And for making me feel safe."

"That's all I want to do. I want to protect you and make you feel safe. I never want you to feel like you won't be safe or protected because I promise you, I'll always be here to fight your battles with you."

"Why though? I lied to you Lauren."

"Because I like you"

"I like you too."

"No Camila. I mean I really like you. I know now isn't the best time for me to be telling you this, but I've liked you for years now. This past month has been the best month of my life because I get to see you every day. You make me feel things that I never knew someone like me could feel. You give me butterflies just by being around me. You make my stomach do flips when you do something simple like laughing or just touching my arm. That's why I think I may love you Camila." I've finally said it and I can't take it back. I may have ruined our friendship but I need her to know how I feel. I need her to know that someone cares about her and loves her in the way that she deserves to be cared and loved for.

"And I like you." She says while looking up and connecting our eyes.

"What?" I whisper.

"I like you. I have for a while, but I think it's taken something like this to happen for me to admit it. There is something about you that drives me crazy in a good and bad way. I'm going to be truthful but I don't think I love you, yet. I think I'm falling for you but I haven't fell all the way. I think that I may be scared to, especially after everything that's happened tonight."

"I'm nothing like him. I'll never do anything to hurt you."

"I'm know you won't. That's why I have no doubt that I will fall fully and deeply in love with you. And when it happens I know that you'll make me the happiest person ever."

"So what does this make us now."

"How about more than friends, but less than a couple"

"Okay."

"Okay."

Writer's note.

I hope that you all like this and if you have any suggestions about what could happen then please let me know. Anyway, I hope you have a good day/night.