||Chapter 3||

Chapter 3.

Everyone was drunk back at the cove. I finished off my beer before I hopped in the car. We had been singing along to a horribly tuned guitar as Chip played it. Pilot had been singing out his lungs occasionally stopping to laugh. Ghost had tried putting me in the water until my brother told him to stop because of my scrapes. He pouted and replied, "You're no fun Jarrod."

Now, Jarrod had Drake blasting through the speakers as he speeded down the high way trying to get me home in time. I looked at his speed, 130km/h. I looked at him, the shadows were covering his face apart from the occasional light flashing over the car. He looked like he was in deep thought, slightly menacing. Knuckles white, jaw clenched.

"Don't you just want to live life in the fast lane?" He said.

I heard him over the music, he then proceeded to go over the limit even more.

"Jarrod, slow down."

140km/h.

"Jarrod." I warned.

145km/h.

"Slow down!" I screamed.

He turned up the music. 150km/h.

"Jarrod!" I screamed as loud as I could.

His eyes went wide and pressed on the brakes, sliding us all over the road. The car finally stopped and his chest was rising up and down quickly. He looked over and tried to reach out for me but I ran out of the car and heaved. After a couple of minutes. Before I looked back over. His head was leant on the wheel.

"Get out. I'm driving." I say.

He nods and sits in the passenger seat. I got in the driver's seat and started driving. I looked over at him, he still seemed shocked as hell.

"What the hell was that?" I asked.

"I-I don't know." He whispered.

"What's wrong?" I pushed.

"Nothing, I just, I don't know what came over me."

"You scared me."

"I know, I'm sorry."

I nodded and tried to calm myself down. I went up to the speed limit but not over. After another ten minutes I pulled up to the front of my house. I looked at him and pursed my lips. We sat there for the next five minutes arguing over whether he should just come inside or drive back. Eventually I just yelled at him one final time before storming up to the house. I heard his car drive off and I walked inside, up the stairs and pulled on a nice shirt and some shorts before walking back downstairs and into the door of the dining room.

Alcohol reeked from me, especially in my breath. I shook my head before entering and put a smile on. August, his mother and a man sat at the table with my parents. I sat down across from Ashton. In this moment I was glad I didn't take a hit from the bong before coming.

"Sorry I am late." I smiled, "I would've gotten here quicker but my brother, he wanted to stay back so he stalled."

"Oh no that's fine. This is my husband Joseph, Ashton's stepfather." Alexandra had grinned.

"Nice to meet you." I said as I held my hand out across the table.

He took it with a firm grip, "Alexandra wouldn't stop talking about you."

"Oh really?" I ask with a cheeky smirk.

"Joe!" Alexandra had scolded.

I think they assumed I was eighteen as they offered me red vintage wine. I had declined at first but my mother pinched my leg so I took a glass and they poured some into my cup. Ash looked up at me as I took a sip and smiled.