Chapter Two

My wedding dress was a beautiful, short sleeved, V-neckline one with large lace leaf designs adorning the white shear fabric. Below the waist line the plain shear fabric cascaded down to the floor covering my my feet even when I had heels on. Then again, I was only five feet and six inches tall.

I decided to adorn my face with red lips and wavy middle-parted hair. When I'd first cut my hair, it was a little above chin-length.

Mom had had a hissy-fit about how I looked like a tomboy and no man would even glance at me now. By the time I'd met my fiancé it had grown to shoulder-length. I'd kept it that length ever since but always questioned whether Mom may had been right.

I kept my hazel eyes simple with mascara and light brown eye-shadow. I wore the teardrop diamond earrings which Mum had insisted I wear and slipped on the white glittery shoes Jenn had picked for me.

This was it. Standing on the other side of the door that would open up to the rest of my life, I was living my final moments as a bachelorette.

As cliché as it may sound, I felt butterflies in my stomach. Not because I was nervous or anything, but because I couldn't wait to see him.

I wanted to see him in all his wedding day glory awaiting my arrival. I wanted to see his reaction upon seeing me. I wanted to walk up to him and have him hold my hands. I wanted to hear him say "I do!" and pledge himself to me. And most of all, I wanted become his and give him my everything.

My family was swarming around me, trying to set up the order of procession. It was my nephews and Bella first, followed by Jenn and John. Then Claude, my brother-in-law to be, and his wife, Giselle, would walk.

Claude was the elder son of the two Royce children. I guess he was more aware of that fact than anyone else because he always held an air of authority. I don't mean to say he was egoistic or anything- him and I got along really well right from the start- he was just very...proper.

Claude had short, light brown hair and intense blue eyes. He had a bit of facial hair making him look even more intense. His well structured looks were accentuated by the black tux he had on tonight.

Giselle was no less stunning standing arm in arm with her husband; her soft, blond hair in loose curls to her chest. In a beautiful and flowing white gown, her muddy green eyes sparkled as she smiled at me.

Claude and Giselle looked like a magazine front page couple. Nevertheless, it was evident that they were deeply in love from the way they looked at each other.

After them, I would walk out escorted by Mom. Traditionally the father walks the bride down the aisle but when the father is just an absent piece of shit and the mother plays the role of both parents, she reserves aisle-escorting rights.

I looked around and saw Mom conversing with my future in laws. She looked very elegant in a long sleeved, straight neckline white gown; her coffee coloured bob curled in place. She had on the diamond studded black rose brooch that had been a family heirloom from Mom's side for six generations.

I'd begged her as a child for it but she always said I would get it as my first wedding anniversary gift, as tradition went in her (well, technically our) heritage.

"Mrs Eve.." Claude's father called making his way over to us with Mrs Royce,"my, you look lovely today." He took Mom's hand in his and gave her knuckles a light kiss. She chuckled and covered her mouth with her other hand.

Was it me, or did Mom just blush a little?