Chapter 2

I started to stir. I felt myself beginning to wake up. I caught a glimpse of my family hovering over me. They all had worried looks on their faces. Mama and Delly were crying. Ryland was holding me saying it was all his fault. I wanted to tell him I deserved this. But I couldn't. I passed out. I saw another memory.

"Come on, Rei. Say Mama," Riker said. He was holding a camera to my face. I wasn't paying attention though. I was too distracted with the lights on the Christmas tree. I kept pointing and trying to grab at them. "Rei." Nothing. "Rei, come on." Nada. "Rei, please." I finally looked at my older brother, my face saying "what the heck do you want?".

Riker sighed submissively. "Ugh, I give up," he groaned. Mama chuckled. "Riker, sweetie, give her some time. Rome wasn't built in a day," she said. "But, Mommy, you said she should be talking and walking at this time," Ross complained. "I know, Ross, baby, I know," Mama said while patting his head. Ross frowned.

I saw he was disappointed. I took my first steps over to him, falling and stumbling on the way. Everyone stared. Daddy took the camera from Riker and began filming, a proud look on his face. Ross's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Ross sad?" I asked. Rydel squealed with glee. Ryland giggled. Rocky's mouth dropped open. And Riker's smile was so big, you would've thought his face would split.

Ross smiled and replied, "Not anymore." I smiled and gave him a hug, glad that my family was happy.