Stand By You -Chapter One-

Chapter 1.

Slowly, painfully slowly, she removed her exhausted and tense body from the bed she'd hidden herself in for the last week. It had hit her so hard, tearing her heart to shreds, drying all the tears from her eyes, and knocking the ragged breaths straight from her lungs. Her phone had given up the will to live, dying after receiving over 200 calls and 77 texts from the people she believed used to care about her the most.

Creeping along the hallway to the bathroom, she began to think about the last time she ate. Oh God. It was over a week ago. Thinking about it though didn't even make her feel hungry, it just made her feel sick.

The reflection in the mirror caught her attention. A pale, gaunt looking girl stared back at her. Her hair a mass of knots and twist, her eyes crowded by the huge dark circles surrounding them. Lips dry and cracked, cheeks white and tear stained. This wasn't her. She'd been lost to this- this thing. A tear slowly leaked from her tired eyes, crawling painfully slow down her cheek. Raising her weak and dry hands she gently wiped the tear away and sighed. She had to move on, get out of this terrible state before it killed her.

After a warm relaxing shower, she shrugged on some sweat pants and an over-sized jumper. Pulling herr arms tightly around herself she slowly disappeared into the abyss of her living room. Newspapers and magazines were cascaded around the room, a vase once full of flowers cracked and shattered on the floor, the furniture upturned and pushed aside. How could he have caused her to loose it like this, how?

A fresh set of tears began to roll down herr pale cheeks. Curling up in a ball on the floor she hid herself from the destruction he'd caused. She slowly rocked back and forth hidden safely behind the sofa, which had been upturned and pushed over to the side of the room.

She must have drifted off, because an almighty bang erupted around the room, startling her from herr restless sleep.

"What the hell happened in here?" Shit! She thought. He's home. How could she not remember that he comes home today? Curling herself up into an even tighter ball she silently planned a way to get herrself out before he noticed she was here.

She could hear his footsteps moving further into the room, his breathing slightly fast. He was so close, to close. She held in a breath as he bent down next to the sofa, a magazine page lay on the floor, the terrifying details of the thing that wrecked her.

"No...No....no please no." His voice was a painful whisper. She saw his feet retract and disappear, the sound of his frantic footsteps as he ran up the stairs. She took this as your chance to run, get away from more pain.

She raced towards the door, as fast as her sore, exhausted feet would carry her. Swinging the door open she could hear Louis' panicked searching, doors being flung open, cupboards ripped apart.

"Olivia? Livvy please be here?" His pained tone, caused another crack to painfully strike her already shattered heart. A bouquet of flowers -your favourite- sat gloriously on the desk in the hallway. She so badly wanted all this to be a lie, but she even had proof not only thanks to the magazine and newspaper articles but the one and only Harry Styles had also let her know of this horrible event. Her chest constricted in pain, she grasped at her jumper, squeezing her eyes shut. She needed to get out.

Slipping on her dolly shoes, she shuffled as quickly as she could out of the door and into the foyer of the apartment building. "I need to get out. I need to get out." she panicked, searching for a way to get out before Louis came down looking for her.

"Olivia?!?" Shit! Her heart raced in prolonged panic, as she turned on her heels and darted from the building. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. Now Harry knew she was in the building. He'll tell Louis and all her efforts to get away will have been for nothing....