Stand By You -Chapter Three-

Chapter 3.

-Louis' P.O.V-

I stared at the fragile girl in front of me. She looked so pale, so tiny. I can't believe the pain I'd put her through. I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to push me away and never talk to me again. For the past hour I'd been battling with myself to try and reason with her. I want to say something but I just don't know what. 

Olivia stood at the door to the waiting room, a shaky smile on her lips. She looked positively radiant. Although it was obvious she'd lost a vast amount of weight and she was wrapped up in a hospital gown with a cast on her arm, she still glowed like the beautiful angel she was. 

I rose from my seat and gently pulled the ghostly looking girl into my arms. She whimpered and buried her face in my chest. I kept my hold on her as I felt her warm tears dampen my t-shirt. I pulled her back and wiped her tears with my thumbs. Smiling sorrowfully down at her, I pulled her back into my arms and nuzzled my nose into her hair, like I always do.

 "Can we go back?" Her small sweet voice, muffled from beneath my arms. I nodded in agreement and wrapped a hand gently around her waist. Her arm was all plastered up and her side had been stitched and bandaged, but I didn't want to cause her any more physical pain.

 We got to the room that Olivia had been allocated and I carefully guided her to the bed. The nurse from earler stepped into the room smiling broadly at Olivia. 

"How'd it go?"

I looked over at Olivia, waiting for her to let the nurse know how the scan went, but instead she surprised me. 

"Louis? Can you get me some hot chocolate and a crunchie bar. I don't want to go home without some food to satiate me." I nodded and kissed her forehead before walking out.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

When I got back, I found Olivia sitting up, an unsure smile on her lips, as the nurse was lifting the bouqet of flowers I'd got her into a carrier bag. I knocked gently announcing my arrival and carefully passed Olivia her hot chocolate. 

"Thank you." She whispered softly. 

"I've just discharged Olivia, so I'll leave her in your responsible hands." I nodded and the nurse smiled. Turning to Olivia her eyes turned serious. "Remember what I told you. Please take care of yourself, and I will see you when you come for your sca-check up." 

I noticed the nurses sudden change of wording, but decided to ignore it, when I saw Olivia making a move to get up. 

After carefully driving home back to the appartment I got Olivia into a lift, the stairs were a big no-no for Olivia I wouldn't allow her to even attempt them. I didn't want to have to take her back to hospital because she'd over-asserted herself and caused herself more pain. 

-Olivia's P.O.V-

I noticed the living room had been tidy after my little outburst a week ago. I slumped onto the sofa and watched as Louis busied himself in the kitchen.

"Louis..." I whispered.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled before I could continue.