Stand By You -Chapter Six-

Chapter 6.

-Olivia's P.O.V-

My breathing was coming out in short, hot pants. My mind reeling with the pain, and exhaustion I felt. For the last 14 hours I'd been in labour. In the last 2 hours, the midwives had started getting me to push, but nothing was happening. I was finding it hard to keep my eyes open, a constant aching numbing my entire body. Vaguely I noticed that Danielle had been on the phone to someone, but I didn't really care about any of that right now. Frustrated I began to fiddle with everything near me.

"Okay, sweetheart, I know how aggitated you are, and this situation can only get worse, so I'm afraid theres only one option left to take..." I wasn't fully aware of what the midwife was talking about, but nodded my head in any case. Anything to help get these two pesky kids out of me, would be of satisfaction to me right now.

As my breathing increased, coming out in quicker, sharper pants my eyes caught sight of the one person who I should be overjoyed to see. The one person I should wish to be here for the birth. My eyes blurred with the salty tears I'd been trying so hard to hold back.

"Are you ready? We're all set to go..." I nodded at the midwife as she removed the wires and heart monitors from her body, before slipping off to get some scrubs for Danielle to put on. Am I ready for this? Am I ready to have my two children brought into this world? I'm so scared it's unbelievable.

-Louis' P.O.V-

'Maternity Ward, Room 245. Danielle.'

Danielle's short text sent my heart into spasms. Has Olivia already had the twins? Am I already a father? Panic and excitement surged through me, as I sped towards the hospital in a taxi.

Literally sprinting through the hospital, I made it to the correct ward in just under 3 minutes. As soon as I saw her pale cheeks, dark eyes and fast rising chest, my heart constricted with worry. I wanted to go to her, I wanted to hold her in my arms and comfort her, tell her that all of this was going to be alright. A midwife stepped forward and started talking to Olivia, she soon disappeared, after removing wires and a drip from Olivia's body, before re-appearing with a set of what looked like scrubs. Handing the blue clothes to Danielle, the midwife and three others started to wheel Olivia's bed from the room.

Panicking I stepped into the room, and confronted Danielle. To my surprise, Olivia had been suffering for the past 14 hours, the twins heartbeats we're slow and they were struggling to get them out naturally. A Cesarean section seemed their only option.

"Let me go in with her?" I begged Danielle. Her face contorted into one of surprise and unextinguished anger.

"What makes you think you have the right to be with her, whilst she's suffering. You've already caused her enough pain, as it is."

"I LOVE HER!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Danielles mouth dropped, her eyes widened. Fresh tears streamed down my cheeks, my hands trembled with the overload of emotions filling my body.

"Go to her..." Danielle's voice whispered. I lifted my blood shot eyes to her, confused.

"W-what?"

"Go to her. Tell her how much you love her. Don't let her go Louis. Don't loose her..." Gratefully accepting the scrubs, I pulled Danielle into a tight hug, silently thanking her.