Intro

"GET OUT! GET OUT YOU DISGUISTING GIRL! YOU LAZY, USELESS, UGLY PATHETIC CHILD!"

You felt your shoulder come into contact with the cold cerement of the pavement, and a white-hot pain shot through. You had no time to just lie there and cry though, as moments later, an empty beer bottle smashed against the floor, where your head had been no more than two seconds ago.

"GO! NEVER DARKEN OUR DOORSTEP AGAIN! YOU MURDERED! IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU, YOUR MOTHER WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!"

You small bare feet picking up speed, you began to run from your house, your fathers screams of abuse growing quieter as you got further from the house.

You continued to walk, clothed in nothing more than a small dress that was covered in holes and rips, and was very thin on your skeleton-like body. Your bare feet got colder as you stepped in puddles and trod on the wet ground. Your mattered [h/c] hair hung in front of your [e/c] eyes, and occasionally, you would attempt to push it out the way, only for it to fall again.

After about an hour of walking, you were feeling really tired. You hadn't eaten in two days and your sleep had been little.

You trudged to the door of a large building - it was warm and provided shelter from the oncoming rain. Collapsing in a small huddle, you curled up, and your eyes slid shut.

***

"Bloody frog!" I marched from the hall, cursing under my breath at him. Goddammit, I needed a cig, he was driving me up the wall!

Pushing the doors open, I stepped outside, and drew the stick from my pocket. Holding the lighter up, I saw something suddenly, causing me to drop both objects.

It was a young girl, who looked no older than 4. She was clothed in a tattered dress, and bruises covered her small, shivering body.

"Bloody hell!" I rushed over, laying a hand on her arm, feeling the paper like skin, which felt like it was almost breakable.

"Oh god." I scooped her tiny form into my arms, cradling her close to my chest.

She twitched slightly, and her eyes fluttered open to reveal shining [e/c] orbs.

"W-Who are y-you Mister?" she whispered.

"I'm England love. Who are you?" I asked.

"Girl." She replied simply.

"Surely you must have another name?"

"If I did, I was never told. My daddy always called me 'girl' usually."

I gave a small growl. Instantly, I felt her tense.

"P-Please, don't hurt me! I'm sorry!" she cried.

"Hurt you? Why on earth would I do that poppet?" I asked, amazed.

"Daddy always growled before he hit me." She whispered.

I stared down, and sighed. "I will not hit you love. A gentleman should never hit a lady." I said.

"A-A-Are you going to take me back?" she asked.

"No." my response was immediate. "Never. However, I am going to take you inside. Be warned, my... friends, can be rather loud and sudden."
I walked back inside the building, heading back towards the room. As we approached, I could hear the usual yells that filled the hall...

"THE HERO IS HERE! OH, AND NO ONE CAN DISAGREE WITH ME!"

"I agree with America-san...."

"MAN UP OR I'LL BEAT YOU WITH MY NOBEL PEACE PRIZE!"

"BECOME ONE WITH MOTHER RUSSIA, DA?"

"AI-YAI, FOR THE LAST TIME, NO!"

"PAAAAAASTA!"

"ZHE AWESOME ME IZ HERE!"

"VERDAMMT PRUSSIA, SHUT UP!"

"THE KING OF NORTHEN EUROPE IS WAAAY BETTER!"

IN JOUR DREAMS, I AM VAY MORE AWESOME!"

"BIG BROTHER!"

"NOT SAYING IT!"

"BIG BROTHER!"

"NOT LISTENING!"

"BIG SISTER!"

"NOW YOU'RE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE!"

"This is m' wife..."
"I AM NOT HIS WIFE!"

"MARRY ME BIG BROTHER!"

"GO HOME!"

*BOING BOING!* "SHE SAYS IT, WHY CANT YOU!"

"PRUSSIA IF YOU COME NEAR ME AGAIN I WILL BRING MY FRYING PAN OUT!"

"YOU ARE ALL SO VASTEFULL! GERMANY, ZHIS JACKET CAN BE FIXED!"

"AUSTRIA, I VILL BUY A NEW ONE!"

"POTATOE-SUCKING BASTARDS!"

"OHONHONHON, RELEASE YOUR SEXUAL TENSION SOEMWHERE ELSE!"

"SHUT UP CHEESE-EATING BASTARD!"

"ROMANO, CALM!"

"SHUT UP TOMATO BASTARD!"

"Bloody hell, SHUT UP YOU WANKERS!" I shouted, standing in the door.
The room fell silent (surprisingly), all eyes trained on me.

"Dude, who's the duddette!" America leapt to his feet, grinning. "Is she yours?! Iggy, I never thought -!"

"Of course not, you prat! I found her outside the meeting room..."

***

You listened as the man, England, explained it to the others.

"Are you going to keep her aru?" asked a man, whose long brown hair was tied back in a ponytail.

"Well, unless anyone else wants to..."

"Ohonhon! I do not zhink 'e should take 'er! I shall taker 'er. Last time England raised a child... well, let us all look now to America." A man who had shoulder-length blonde hair chuckled as both England and another man, who you assumed to be America, yelled out indignantly "What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Ve~ I want to take the little bambini!" Another called.

"She shall come with zhe awesome me!"

"Zhat is a very bad idea bruder, you can barley take care of yourself. I should take her."

"No way, the king of northern Europe shall have her!"

"M'yb' I sh'ld t'k' h'r..."

"Ai yai, none of you know anything about children! I shall take her!"

"I shall take the sunflower, da?"

"Maybe I could take the little maple leaf?"

"HEY GUYS, MAYBE THE HERO SHOULD HAVE HER?"

"...no one notices me..."

"She needs a mother! I will take her!"

"And I vill be zhe father?"

SMACK! "OWW! You are mental frau!"

"I have an idea."

You looked to see a large, well built man, with blonde, slicked back hair. "Everyone shall put an object is zhe hat. Zhen, the frau vill pick ein object out. Vho's ever object she picks, she shall stay with zhem."

Nodding and murmuring, each one moved forward to place a different item in the hat that the large man held. He shook the objects slightly, and then held that hat out to you. You reached out, and buried your small arm in, rummaging.