Blackout

"Awww that was so sweet!" Exclaimed Kate as we headed out to the school gates. She was talking about the proposal within these past 2 hours and I was so embarrassed. I was never the girl who enjoyed attention.

"I know right," Agreed Gwen as she put her lipstick in her bag. She made sure her painted lips was a hundred percent on point before taking a selfie and sent it, probably to her boyfriend, Nathan, "Not all guy can pull such an act like that. You have caught yourself a golden mine, Eve."

"Too bad he is not your Adam, huh," Stacey spoke making everyone looked at her in confusion. What did she mean, I wonder. Out of the whole group, Stacey was also this... mysterious lady who can easily speak weird things out of no where. She once told us that her grandmother could see the future and somehow that ability got passed down onto her. But most of the time her predicts were awfully wrong.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, Stace," I sighed, naughtily kicking a little pebble on the sidewalk, "Shawn was very brave when he proposed during lunch, in front of the entire school and asked me to be his prom date. And I appreciate that a lot, believe me. But... until this day I still do not think I am the suitable girl for him."

"Are you shitting me?" Gwen and Kate both yelled out loud. 

"Eve, even though I said Shawn was not your Adam, and that he is more likely to be your best boy friend. But you, my girl, deserve the bestest of the best in the world. You should rephrase that as: I still do not think Shawn is the suitable boy for me!"

"Hey! That is too harsh!" Both Gwen and Kate smacked Stacey roughly on her arm, but I paid no anger in my friend's words.

"But," I looked at my 3 besties and sighed, "Shawn is this friendly, kind, and attractive guy who every girl would die to be his girlfriend. I will never be no match for them! Look at me, look at these glasses, and these A-cup breasts too! I am like a walking stickman!"

"Awww baby~" My friends, in synced, spread out their hands and gave me a big, warmly hug that could make other bestfriends jealous with our bonding relationships. I let out this small sob and hugged them back. Gosh, it is good to have friends.

"You know what," Gwen was the one to broke our hug and looked at me with a mischievous gleam, "You are just being unreasonably insecure of your natural beauty. I know the best cure for that!"

As Gwen said, she took out a golden membership card from her bag and instantly that moment, the blood drained from my face and my other 2 crazy friends let out a blood-shattering scream.

"SHOPPPPPPINGGGGGG!!!!"  

I take that back, it is not good to have friends like these, at all.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

[AT THE MALL]

"Guys, we have been walking around for the past 2 hours. My ankles ache so bad," I let out a painful moan at the heels I was forced to wear. Kate was praising how hot they looked on me and urged me to buy those earlier at a shop. She even described how these heels would easily make guys rock hard and act heads over heels (no pun intended) in love with me.

"You look good on those, " Gwen said, for the hundredth times, she seemed to love teasing me right now, huh.

"We are heading to Nordstrom, they have this new prom collection released last week. And I am sure we, especially you Eve, will find the right dresses."

As we headed to the shop, I had a feeling this was going to be a long day. But I better enjoy this while it lasted. Sooner or later we will be graduating and separated to different colleges. We hurriedly walked past a technology store, where they showcased their brand new released TV edition. A news reporter was on the screen, looking deadly serious and somehow paranoid. As usual, I paid no attention and moved forward with my friends.