Chapter 1: Erin the Drunk

[Erin]

Jazza, my best friend, invited me for a drink at Beerhop just around Q.C. I refused to go since I'm not really into drinking and stuff. But my bestfriend's quite persistent. She kinda persuaded me for almost 2 hours so I ended up changing my clothes and leaving the house with her.

At first, hindi ko pinapansin yung mga inaalok nyang drinks. Water or juice lang ako kasi if you're not drinking talaga, even with the wine that has the least amount of alcohol volume can drunk you. I swear. Until I surrender. Who wouldn't want an alcohol for a comfort zone, right? I need it badly. I want to keep every negative thoughts in my head. Lalong-lalo na, the break up between me and Wolfe which affects me and made my entire system to break down.

I loved Wolfe to bits that I didn't imagine my future without him. I built my dreams with him, my present and my future. Not until that worst day of my life happened.

I am not aware that I was already in my sixth bottle of beer when alcohol hit me. My sights going double, then upside-down. Jazza went out for a bit to take an important call so, I rested my head at the bar counter for a bit. Hindi ko alam kung gano ako katagal nanatili sa ganung posisyon.

"Erin" a soft voice whispers to my ear. His voice sounds familiar. I knew who it is. "Hey, Erin" he repeated as he shakes me a bit. I keep still. I don't want it to go. Hearing his voice made me feel safe because that's what it always does to me. As if I was in a dream. The voice stopped from saying my name and I scowl at the thought that I was only dreaming. If only he's really here with me, I may blab everything my mind wants me to say.

I'm now too worried for Jazza taking her call that long, I decided to follow her. Pero nanlaki ang mga mata ko in shock to see who's sitting beside me with arms clasped together leaning on the counter.

"Wolfe!" I shouted "what're you doing here?" I said in a drunk voice. Hindi sya sumagot. He was deep in thoughts. "may kasama ka ba?" as I look around for his companions

"why are you so drunk?" tanong nya nang hindi man lang ako tinitignan. He's still in the same position

"I'm not drunk. Just six bottles?" I laughed "I think I'mma'na need one more to knock me out" I raised my hand to call the barista when all of a sudden he grabbed my hand down. As if I was electrified with the current that sparked when he touched me. I pulled away my hand in an instant. "don't touch me" I commanded

"enough with the beer, Erin. Why're you so hardheaded?"

"it was me ever since. aren't you supposed to be used to it?"

"I'll take you home. Come on." He stood beside me waiting for me to stand, but I did not. "do you want me to carry you?"

"why're you here? Can you just like, leave me alone?"

"I can't leave you here"

"why not? Oh well, baby, you just did" drinking the spare liquor in my bottle.

"can you cut that nonsense talk, Erin? I won't leave you, I can't"

"he.." smiling like a crazy lady "right! you can't leave me coz you kinda need me.. I knew all about it Wolfe. Don't be such a jerk. You can't fool me twice"

"Erin" he said in a calm voice

"Erin, Erin, Erin.. at the end of the day I was your only resort. Not that fuckin' flirty-dupe you're messing up with the night we're over" I put down the bottle "that's funny, and stupid". As I stood up, I feel dizzy. "so this is alcohol" I almost tumble down so I end up fumbling. I felt Wolfe's hand touch me. "don't touch me!" I shouted. Siguro hindi na nya napigilan ang inis nya dahil sa pagtataboy ko sakanya, he carried me all the way out and all I can say is "let go of me" over and over again until we reached the parkway.

"put me down!" so he did "are you crazy?!"

"quit being so childish will you?!"

"why would I? this is me. don't try to change me into someone I'm not!" I pouted

"I'm not changing you! I'm just saying, can't you be more mature just this once?! My God Erin, what's happening to you?!" I did not answer "ano bang gusto mong gawin ko para tumigil na to? I'm going out of my mind since that night! Too much pressure was on me, and then this.. Can't we just stop?!" reklamo nya

"marry me" two words that made my life twisted. two words that I never meant to say, but I did.