Chapter 4: Nightmare of misery

[Erin]

It's very devastating. I felt undignified forcing a man to marry me and threatening a priest to marry us. Am I still a child of God after what I've done?

I pulled up the car outside not wanting to trouble myself of parking and driving it out again because I'm a thousand percent sure I'll be out in a while, again.

napasalampak ako sa higaan ko feeling so down and little. That made me remember the conversation my mom and I had this morning. There's no way she knew and didn't tell me.

"the note" I mumbled. grabbing the note which was stuck in my lampshade just beside my bed.

"6pm @ Sky garden Hotel -dinner with dad" the note said.

Is this true? Dad's coming over for dinner? I doubt it. There must've been some important matter he needs to deal with and as usual, sabit lang kami ni mommy sa dinner na yan.

I crumpled the paper asking myself "to go? or not to go?" Staring at the ceiling waiting for my inner self to answer my question.

---------------------------------------

(Now playing: Where are u now by Skrillex ft. Justin Bieber)

I found myself standing at a dark hallway of a bar. Isang pamilyar na lugar. And I'm standing on the same spot where I stood before. How do I know? Because of the glow in the dark sticker glitter I stuck that night my heart shattered.

I walk forward where the blinking colorful lights pave a minimal lighting. I remember counting my steps in so I repeated like I was making a replay of that misery.

"one" will I see him there?

"two" or will there be two of them?

"three" will I stop at three and step backwards?

"four" no, I need to face it.

"five" I need to overcome it

"six"

I slowly made my seventh step and stopped exactly at the middle of the entrance. My face directed downwards as I close my eyes. I wish this was only a dream and when I get to open my eyes, I will be seeing that cream-filled with cherubims flying ceiling of my room.

At the count of three, Erin.
"one.. two.. three" I said softly as I slowly open my eyes and..
I felt like my heart's being thrusted with a knife. It's shattering to pieces over again.

Seeing that same figure of a guy, wearing his varsity jacket with his name sewed on it and a denim jeans matched with a hi-cut white shoes. My eyes won't deceive me. My mind has memorized almost everything about him. The way he talks, his gestures, his moves.

The way he held that girl's waist. How his hands moved upward caressing her body. How his hands cupped her cheeks and the way he kissed her. How he does that, that's how he did it to me.

How she enjoyed that sensation literally, is quite the other way for me. I was dumbfounded, dumbstrucked, stunned, frozen, petrified, stupefied, everything that could describe a girlfriend who caught her man renegading, cheating, being a total asshole.

Not until, one of his friends pass through me that I realized I was some kind of invinsible. I watched and waited for my past self finding me at my own back doing what I just did awhile ago, the counting thing.

If I was here longer, then my past self had just got here, it means they've been doing that for too long! Damn it! How could he really did that to me?!

Tears starts to build up from my eyes as I found my past self pathetically standing to where I was standing awhile back looking so frugal. I waited patiently to see myself react to what she just saw. This is something I wanted to see since as far as I know I went completely insane.

Jordyn, Wolfe's friend, the one who passed through me, pat him in the back and whispered something. That's when Wolfe stopped making out with the girl and turned in shocked to find me standing couple of inches away from him.

I was drew nearer to that past scenario. Wolfe was in state of shock and I was in the state of wanting to murder someone. Jordyn left us and the girl made her move sidewards to get away from us pero iniharang ko ang kanang paa ko without even getting my eyes off of Wolfe, in that way I won't be too obvious, letting that girl stumble on the ground.

"don't even think about moving an inch" I reprimanded with a blank expression as he moved a bit I assumed his gesture to help her stand. He didn't move at all so when the girl can't expect anything from him, she struggled to stand up. Who won't? With that little dress she wearing, iniluluwa na ng katawan nya ang pagka-babae nya.

She's now making this pathetic look towards Wolfe. I was really pissed and mad, ragingly mad, I pulled out her hair that made her stumble on the floor again.

"stop it Erin, you're making a scene!" Wolfe shouted

but my invinsible self shouted "that's it Erin! give her more than that. Hit her on the paunch! Sige pa! that bitch deserves it!"

Hindi sya lumaban that made her gain the sympathy of others while I ended up being the villain. That made me more furious.

When the bouncers came, they pulled me up releasing that filthy bitch.

"Let go of my hands!" I shouted. That's when I realized that the music has been long gone. I looked at the people around me gazing at me with sarcasm. Wolfe tried to pull me away from the scene pero hindi ko hinayaang mahawakan nya ako.

"now I'm the bad guy? Just because I was the one on top and throwing punches made me a villain? So pathetic!"

"Erin, stop!" Wolfe demanded

"Erin stop?" turning to Wolfe "like how you stopped making out with this bitch after your friend told you I was watching you kissed and caressed her? Fuck that, baby?!"

I was in the verge of that confrontation when I heard something ringing.. I turn around looking where could that sound possibly come from as the past continue to replay.

I slowly open my eyes as I gazed at the cherubim at my ceiling. Oh my. That was a nightmare. Do angels hated me that much they needed to bring me back to that phase? I was completely shattered. Why does it need to be me?