Part 5

Both Conner and I were frozen in place unable to move. I knew for sure Conner had ordered everyone to stay inside untill the sun rises in the morning. But now there appears to be someone knocking on the frontdoor.

“What do we do?” My voice was shaky as I laid my body carefully down on Conner's.

“We need to awnser. Somthing might have happened.” His arms hugged me tightly before letting them slide of off my back.

“Are you sure about this? Maybe I should go. If it's the werewolf there is a chance that it won't attack me because we're the same.” I got of off Conner and set next to him on the bed.

“We can't garante that Miria. Maybe it's better if we both go.” I nobbed and he got of the bed. He took a shirt and put it on before turning back toward me. “You will stay behind me, understood. I don't want anything to happen to you.” I bit my lip knowing he was giving me an order I could easly ignore before nobbing at him.

I got of the bed and followed Conner downstairs. The knocks on the door sounded like thunder in the silent night. We stopped infront of the frontdoor for a moment. Conner took in a deep breath as I stayed half behind him holding his shirt tightly in my hands.

Conner took hold of the round doorknob. He slowly unlocked the door and opened it.

Conner immediatly made himself look bigger and I held his shirt a bit tighter. There was a tall unknown man standing in the doorway. He has short light brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was only wearing some ripped jeans. The power that seemed to come from him indicated that he was most likely the werewolf that has been lurking around the village.

“Well well, took you long enough to open boy.” His voice was deep and husky.

“What do you want, you don't belong here. My pack has done nothing to provoke you.” Conner awnsered him slowly. He was doing his best trying not to provoke him. With the moon still full there is no way we would be able to win against this guy.

“Well I was around yesterday and saw somthing rather intresting.” His voice sounded bored but I hid myself a bit more behind Conner. It's him, I'm sure its him. He's the werewolf that was there when I changed and when I ran back toward the village.

“What is it, maybe we can help you find it. If not we'll make sure to stay out of your way.” Conner moved his arm a bit back trying to hide me a bit more behind him. Although I'm afraid it's to no avail. I can feel the raw power coming from him so he should be able to sence me even if I try to hide.

“Well that's the thing, because I already see what I came for.” Without any notice the guy lunged himself toward Conner and punched him on the side of his face, sending him flying onto the ground. I took a few steps back in shock. I was revealed and he was now walked right toward me.

“Stacy, how good to see you love. Did you color your hair? I liked the blond better on you.” I shook my head at him and he raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“W.. who are you?” His mouth fell open and he looked dumbstruck. His expression quickly changed into a pissed of one.

“Are you kidding me! It's me Devon. I thought you said I was diffrent a 'keeper' as you said for yourself.” He took hold of my arms and held me tight in his grip. I felt scared, he sees me as someone else and is clearly pissed off I don't know what he will do to me.

“I.. I don't know you, my name is Miria. Please don't hurt us.” I closed my eyes as Devon moved his face closer to me.

“Ow really...” He was still pissed off but also sounded a bit dissappointed. He came even closer, our noses almost touching eachother. He sniffed me and quickly took a few steps back, releasing me from his grip.