Chapter 1: First day

Christina's P.O.V

Ice water splashes on my face and wakes me up from my dream of a boy. I don't know the boy of course but still. I literally jump out of the bed and I look up at my mother. "Wha-what was that for? A simple wake up would have been nice!" I scream while hyperventilating.

"Your a deep sleeper during the weeks you dream. Waking your up would have taken hours, neither of us have the time. Get ready for your new school. This school is no uniform, isn't that great? I can save tons of money." Mom says swinging the ice bucket while she talks and throws ice and water everywhere.

"Mom! Stop swinging the bucket and get out please so I can get ready." I interrupt her very boring conversation. She opens her mouth to say something but just closes it and walks out. I roll my eyes and get ready, putting on a random outfit that I think matches and putting my hair into a hair tie. I go to the mirror and look at myself and smile, then I of course brush my teeth.

"Christina! Breakfast and then we have to go!" Mom yells from downstairs. I grab my book bag and run down stairs into a seat in less than 5 seconds. Mom sighs and shakes her head then she turns around and hands me my home-made pancakes. "When your finished, pick up everything you just dropped. I told you no vampire speed in the house because it causes messes, I'm tired of picking up what you drop." Mom complains. I looked over to where I ran and see a bunch of papers, magazines and oops and vase. I swear, my parents put the printer paper out of its pack purposely so I would have to pick it up.

"Where's dad?" I ask trying to change the subject. Mom is just about to sit when her eyes widen and she freezes in place.

"Sh-crap. Can you go wake him up for me please. I'll give you fifty dollars." Mom bribed. Normally i wouldn't do it but fifty dollars just for going upstairs and waking up my cranky Dad, hey, I'll do anything.

"Almost had to put money into the swear jar but sure." I accused while getting up and jogging upstairs.

"We don't have that any more!" Mom corrected. We had to take away the swear jar, Mom said it was because I'm old enough to hear curses but I know it was because Mom and Dad lost too much money. I push the door open to Mom and Dad's room and peek in to make sure Dad didn't sleep in his birthday suit today. I actually walked in and he was once but luckily he was laying on his stomach and it was Mom's fault because like now, she forgot to wake him up. Either way I'm still grossed out that I saw my father's behind. I walk in and my Dad is in his boxers but nothing is showing so I'm good.

"Dad." I say hoping he is sleeping light today. "Dad." I say a little louder. He doesn't move either time I call him. I go to my mom's drawer, where she keeps horns. Believe it or not we actually have to use their them. I shake the horn and then push the button at the top and it goes off. Dad's head raises and he gets up and stretches like that loud sound didn't just go off. He is a really heavy sleeper, plus he is human so he gets really tired. He turns over to face me and smiles. I try to get my ears to stop ringing while he feels completely fine.

"Good morning" He laughed. I smile to acknowledge him and put the horn back.

"Your late." I tell him and he jumps out of bed and I run out closing the door behind me. I human run because I don't want to pick up more than I already have to. I quickly pick up everything before rushing back into the kitchen finding that my waffles are gone and cleaned up.

"Ma waffles" I complain.

"You took too long." Mom answered.

"I was doing what you forgot to do." I accused. Her eyes dropped and she bit the corner of her lip.

"Get two granola bars we have to go. Have your phone?" Mom asked. I scrambled upstairs to get my Iphone 5, the 6s was too big to me plus it says in the commercial, nothing much has changed. I human speed run back downstairs followed by Dad who runs straight into the kitchen and grabs the entire granola box.

"Hey I need two of those." I call to him before he reaches his car. He throws two at me and I catch them. "Bye Dad."

"Bye sweetie." Dad yells back as he drives away. I see Mom starts the car and I grab my bookbag off the kitchen floor and rush into the car , then she starts driving. Every morning isn't like this, just the first day of a new house which is every time someone finds out that either Mom or I are vampires, or that Dad is married to a vampire and has a half vampire daughter. Even though some humans accept vampires, other humans still hate us and believe that we should all be extinct. I've had to go to ten different school in my life, this is the eleventh school but at least its the first day of high school. I open the glove compartment and take out a mirror. I open it and check to see if my teeth to see if I have to file them down more. I run my tongue over the bottom of them to see if they are pointy and I sigh from relief that I don't have to go through torture.

"Good your checking your teeth. Remember the number one rule, don't let anyone know your half vampire. You can eat regular food but not too much because you'll throw up because you are still half vampire so don't get carried away. I slipped a pack of pig's blood into your book bag just in case you can't or don't want to eat the human food. Socialize, your in high school, don't be a basket case but don't socialize too much because people will find out you drink blood. Also if they do, just say that its tomato sauce." Mom lectures.

"Mom I know, you explain this every time I go to another school. And why tomato sauce? Why not fruit punch?" I declare.

"Does it matter Christina and I want you to remember." Mom whines.

"I remember Mom. You don't have to keep telling me." I tell her. Mom nods her head slowly and looks at the high school which looks like a college. "I am so gonna get lost." I state with my eyes wide. We pull up to the school and kids are still getting to the school. I smile at Mom and give her a reasurring smile before getting out of the car and walking to the building. I follow the rest of the kids and hope for the best.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for spelling errors, I'm not the best speller, I'll edit it later because my computer is about to die. Hope you enjoyed the chapter and sorry that its so late. I've been busy with school and I've been lazy but I'm gonna change that and try to be on here more so I can write more. So bye :) Until the next chapter...