Chapter 4: Blue

Leo's Point of View
----------------------------------------------

I smiled as I whistled out towards my car my thoughts on the beautiful girl I just had the chance to see and talk to. The way her eyes lit up when I said the flowers were for her and oh that smile, what I would do to see that smile and hear that giggle for the rest of my life, wait what are you saying Leo you just met this girl. I scolded myself but my god that smile and those eyes. Sky blue mixed with a hint of golden brown I've never seen anything like it.

Who am I kidding I'm falling fast for this girl and I've only spoken to her twice. This date has to be perfect and I know exactly what I'm going to do for her just have to set everything in place.

As I turned onto the highway that leads from Seaside View into the suburbs of Jersey I couldn't help but tap my fingers along to this definite smash tune by Drake, 'Hotline Bling'.

My phone chimed and my eyes zoned to it seeing a message from Jace,'You on your way,' it read and I unconsciously rolled my eyes before picking it up and typing with one hand,'Yes.'

Thirty minutes later I was pulling into the quaint old house up on the hill spotting Jace's car up ahead. Parking behind him, I pulled the key out of the ignition and gingerly climbed out the truck not wanting to go inside the blue and white chipped paint house.

Stepping up on the creaking verandah I opened the screen door before knocking on the front door pushing it open and smelling the scent I hated.

Jace gave me a wry smile as I walked further into the living room, there she laid on the make shift bedroom we made out of the once bustling with kids and activity room. "Hey mom," I gave a light smile as I made my way to her bedside.

"My darling, what are you doing here?" she asked taking my hand in her gentle frail ones.

"I couldn't not stop by and see my mother on her birthday now could I," I replied with a gentle smile and placing a kiss on her hand.

She faintly smiled closing her eyes for a few minutes just taking in that I was here and before I knew it she was asleep, her breathing calmed and for the first time in a long time she looked peaceful.

I gave her forehead a kiss farewell and was out the door faster than a Nascar driver.

I called Jace from my car on the way back into Seaside View and told him to let my mom know I would be back this Sunday to see her.

Making my way back to the yacht yard and quickly changing into my swim trunks as I had a scheduled tour of the coast today for a family.

My mind was far, thinking of what I needed for the date on Saturday which was tomorrow and how I was going to execute it. Lexi deserved to be treated perfectly and I couldn't screw this up.

"Hello everyone I'm Leo and I'll be your tour guide for today," and that's how my days go and I couldn't wait for sundown because I will get to see her once again.

----------------------------------------------

Authors note;
Happy New Year!

Hope you guys had a great week,
I will try to have another chapter up by Monday if I get the time.

Xx Isabel