You Don't Know Her Like I Do

=================================================

My life was normal. I had two loving parents that would go to the end of the world for me and more. I had friends that had my back always and I had theirs. But it all changed. Everything I got used to, I had to forget. Drop everything and go. It all started like this:

My teacher got interrupted by a police officer walking in the door. "Emerson Jackson?" The officer asked.

"Uh, that's me." I said, standing up.

"Grab your things, we have bad news."

I nodded quickly and grabbed my backpack. I walked up to him and he escorted me out of the school and into the back of the police car.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Your mother was in an accident." The officer's partner said as we pulled up to a hospital.

I began to freak out and felt like the car was closing in on me. My mom was like my best friend. I couldn't live with just my dad. He-He he doesn't know anything about girl things and boys and and... Okay, Emerson, quit freaking out on yourself.

I rushed into the hospital, leaving the officers behind. I ran up to a nurse.

"My mom... uh last name Jackson her first name Elizabeth. Is she okay? Where is she?" I rambled.

"Hm... Elizabeth Jackson? She's in a coma, she hasn't responded to the medicine but we just gave it to her. She's in room 547." The nurse said, looking at her clipboard.

I felt my cheeks, there were dried tear stains and I felt more coming down. I ran to her room and busted in, just to see my dad looking at her with hatred. I've never once saw him look at her like that.

"Daddy, what's wrong?" I asked softly.

My dad looked over at me and glared before getting up. "This is your fault. If you hadn't texted her and told her to come and get you this would have never happened! I hate you! Get your shit because I'm done putting up with a kid who isn't even mine!" My dad yelled at me.

I didn't flinch. I got used to love, but that didn't mean I was scared by the hate coming towards me. I was already hurt about my mom I didn't give a shit about him at the moment.

"Fine, then get the hell out of my mom's room." I snapped.

He looked surprised, but covered it up before leaving. I sat in the chair next to my mom and began to cry. After a few minutes, maybe hours, a woman walked in. She didn't look like a nurse and she began to cry.

"Oh, Lizzie!" The woman cried.

She saw me, but didn't care and she threw herself at my mother's unresponsive body. The woman began to sob as she pulled up another chair. She wiped away her tears and smiled at me as if she wasn't just crying.

"Emerson, you don't remember me but I remember you. I'm your mother's internet best friend from her childhood. My name's Kelsey." The woman said.

I nodded, "Nice to meet you in this unfortunate moment. How long have you known my mother?"

"Ah, she taught you manners. I didn't even know she knew them. Anyway, we've been friends since we were thirteen. Damn." She said the last sentence bitterly.

"Is there something wrong?"

"She lied about some things until the third and last time we met. You were a baby then."

"You've only met three times?"

"I know, it's crazy. She met me three times and made me your godmother."