Fucking Perfect

THIS IS MY FAVORITE CHAPTER SO FAR BUT I MIGHT SAY THIS NEXT CHAPTER TOO IDK

---------------------------

"Ryder dammit don't tell me to calm down. The electricity is out and our phones are dead." I snapped.

"Okay, fine." Ryder surrendered.

"What do we do?"

"Are you going to flip out if I tell you to chill?"

"I'm calm, just do something. I hate the dark."

"This is about to get cheesy then."

I shouldn't of told him I was scared of the dark. Ryder wrapped his arms around my torso and brought me towards him. I sighed and rested my head on his chest.

"Please don't leave me alone until the lights are back on." I pleaded.

"I would never." Ryder said quietly, so quietly I didn't think I heard it right.

We walked up to my room and laid awkwardly on my bed. I sighed in my head and got comfortable. Right when I got comfortable though, the lights turned back on.

"I guess I'll-" Ryder started.

"No, please stay." I pleaded.

"But you said-"

"It might go off again and I don't want to be alone."

"The lights will be off anyway, you won't know it."

"Please..."

Ryder stared at me for a few moments, desperation in my eyes. I don't know why I wanted him to sleep with me, I've only known him for a month. I didn't want to sleep with him like that but I just wanted him there to comfort me or something.

"Alright, I'll be back." Ryder said.

In the time he was gone I changed into comfortable shorts and a big t-shirt. Normally it would just be the big t-shirt but Ryder is sleeping with me obviously. Ryder didn't come back. Finally after ten minutes I got up and walked towards his room.

"Yeah, bro she begged me to stay. Good job with the lights she was scared as shit." I heard Ryder say on the phone.

I felt tears sting in my eyes. I was vulnerable. So vulnerable. He found out my weakness and this is what I get? And someone turned off the lights? An idea popped in my head and I quietly moved around the house. I made fake blood and grabbed knives. I made a small crime scene before cutting all electricity and letting out a bloody murder scream. I laughed in my head as I ran around the house and let out more screams before I finally stopped. I quietly moved up the stairs.

"Emerson, it's alright. The dark can't hurt you." I heard Ryder say from his room. "Dude did you cut the lights again?"

I was standing on the outside of his room before I heard him say, "Then who did?"

I put knives through his door and I heard him scream. I hid and finished my crime scene before returning to my room.

"Holy shit, Emerson!" I heard Ryder yell. "Where are you? Are you alright? Fuck this wasn't supposed to happen!"

"Ryder he's got me!" I yelled from the first crime scene before quickly hiding.

I heard Ryder come down the stairs with a flashlight. I heard him mutter 'shit'. I worked my way through the darkness and retreated to my room. It took about thirty minutes of screaming, knives going through doors, blood, and Ryder getting scared before he found me in my room perfectly fine.

"Oh hey Ryder. What took so long?" I asked like nothing happened.

"What do you mean what took so long?! You were screaming and the lights are out." Ryder said.