Rayyans'

A r i n a

The Rayyans are treating me very nicely. I'm starting to feel more comfortable with Adam's parents. It doesn't feel weird anymore.

Adam. This complicated boy. Yeah, he's being normal with his mood swings and all. It's just confusing. But tonight, he seems to be in a good mood.

"Alice, be a good girl and listen to what Adam and Arina say okay?" Kate says as she kissed her daughter's forehead.

It's Kate's anniversary with Mr Rayyan. So, they're going for a date tonight. So it's only me, Adam and Alice are left at the house.

"Have a good evening, Kate." I said and she flash a smile before hugging me briefly and make her way out.

"So, what do you wanna do, Al?" I asked her as Adam lean against the wall, his arms crossed against his chest.

"I wanna bake cupcakes." She said excitedly.

"Umm," I trail off and glance at Adam who's desperately mouthing no.

I smirk before saying, "Since it's just 7 pm right now. Sure, why not? Oh, Adam why not you join us?" I said sweetly and Alice immediately run towards Adam and hug his knees.

"Pwease?" She cooed sweetly and Adam groaned before scooping her into his arms and say,

"Anything for you, baby. " He said. My heart leap as those words tumbled from his mouth. I know he didn't say it to me but honestly? I really like this part of Adam. He's just... Different.

The three of us make our way to the kitchen and grab an apron for ourselves. I helped Alice with the pink straps of her apron by tying it into a neat ribbon.

I sneak a glance at Adam who's muttering profanities under his breath as he struggle to tie the straps neatly.

"Need some help, wittle Adam?" I asked teasingly.

"No." He rolls his eyes at me.

"Stop being so stubborn." Its my turn to roll my eyes and I swat his hands away and tie the strap behind his waist.

I feel quite nervous for some unknown reason and I don't like how he makes me feel sometimes. He makes me feel... Confused and uncertain.

"All done." I mumbled.

"Thanks." He said awkwardly and I nod before making my way towards Alice.

Adam had started searching for a cupcake recipe on the internet while I start to gather the utensils needed.

"So, we'll be needing some flour, eggs, sugar- I can't do this." Adam groaned and hands me his phone.

"Such a baby." I roll my eyes at him and read through the recipe before searching for the ingredients. Luckily, the Rayyans' kitchen are fully stocked.

Alice just watch in excitement as she sat on the counter while swinging her legs back and forth.

"Let's start!" I said and help her down.

While mixing the batter, Adam and I may or may not started a flour war between us and ends up with flour in our hair and on our faces.

"Finally." I sighed as I slide the tray of cupcakes into the oven.

"I, Adam Rayyan, officially hate baking." He said and run his fingers through his flour coated hair.

"Why? Baking is fweaking awesome!" Alice frowns.

He sighed and pouts childishly as Alice poked his cheeks and nuzzle her face against his neck.

We decided to clean ourself while waiting for the cupcake in the oven. I change into a pair of white cat onesie and make my way to Alice's room. Her eyes went wide as she look at my onesie, and she an towards me and fiddle with the cat ear on my hoodie.