17) Don't Quit

Tink Montana

All day, I've managed to avoid Shawn. He called and texted, but I ignored it.

Since graduation was in a few weeks, I wasn't able to switch classes. I was okay with it. I guess.

That Natalia chick has been bullying me and I even fought her. I'm honestly done with this bull shit.

If you're wondering if my parents know about what happened, then yes they do.

Daddy wasn't too pleased and Mama was disappointed. They actually liked Shawn and it kind of hurt them.

Daddy even threatened to beat his ass. His exact words were: "Lil nigga got me fucked allll the way the fuck up! Imma beat his frail ass!"

Mama eventually calmed him down though.

I was now sitting in the library, studying for a math test. My phone vibrated with a text.

It was Stink asking of my whereabouts. I text her my location and went back to studying.

The bell rang and she met me by the door. Together we went to lunch and talked about the coming summer.

"So, you're really gonna quit huh?"

"Yeah. It's bad enough that I have to see him in class everyday."

"Tink, don't let him ruin your dreams." Micah sighed.

"Just drop it. I'm done with your brother and I'm done with the play."

"Y'know what? Fine. By quitting that play, you're giving him the satisfaction of knowing that he broke you."

Micah was right, but it was my decision. How'd she expect me to even want to be near Shawn after what he did.

Speak of the devil, he's texting me right now.

ShawnK.: Please talk to me Rosalina.

Once again, I ignored his efforts to talk to me. We had nothing to speak about.

I turned my phone off and played with my Chinese rice. A part of me wanted to forgive Shawn. But who's to say that it's not another game?

Sighing, I took a sip from my strawberry Fanta. I checked the time, seeing that we only had five minutes until class.

"We gotta go." I mumbled.

Stink and I threw our trash away and headed back to school. When we walked inside the auditorium, I noticed Shawn sitting with his head down.

I ignored him and walked up to Ramone who sat on the edge of the stage.

"Mr. Devoue, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Yeah. Wassup?"

With nervousness taking over my body, I began to fiddle with my fingers. Looking up, my eyes met his as he waited patiently for me to speak.

"I'm quitting the show."

"Do you have a valid reason for quitting?" Ramone crossed his muscular arms.

"I just can't focus anymore."

"That ain't valid Rosalina."

"I don't want to face him." I admitted quietly.
---------------------------------------------------------

Ramone Devoue

"Come with me."

I stood up and grabbed her hand, letting the other students know that they had free time until I came back.

Rosalina and I stepped outside and sat on the steps. I watched as she nervously fiddled with her fingers.

"Whatever he did, should not affect your craft in a negative way. Just like singers turn their hurt into hit songs, turn your hurt into a great show. Channel whatever pain into Lilian. Speak her words with genuine pain." I explained, caressing her hand.

"I'm not ready to face him yet."

Wiping the tears from her eyes, I pulled her into my arms. Rosalina was a good girl that people liked to take advantage of.

"I understand that Tink. Just...just do me a favor."

"What?"

"Don't quit. I won't let you."

Tink looked at me and sighed. I'd won her over.

"I won't."

Smiling, I stood up helping her to her feet. She thanked me and we walked back inside holding hands.

Shawn looked upset. Who cares? Not me. He lost her before he really even had her. Now it's my turn to treat her like the beautiful ebony queen that she is.

Time to rehearse.

This part short too. But I'm on the bus so give me time. Might update again.

Ramone in the MM.