Chapter 10

At lunch, I grabbed my tray and sat by Susan. I had brought my English textbook with me so I could finish reading Romeo and Juliet. I opened it to where I left off. I blocked out all the noise around me as I read. As Juliet descended down the stairs she couldn't stop thinking about Romeo. Then, she grabbed her sweater and a lantern and ran out the door. When she got to the garden she said, "Romeo take me somewhere where we can be alone I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run." "My fairest Juliet what about your father?" Romeo asked. "Forget him, I want to be with you." Juliet said. "As do I." Romeo said. -The next day- Juliet woke up and went downstairs. She was about to ask her father a serious question but she heard him yelling at someone. She peeked around the corner, and saw her father and Romeo sitting at the breakfast table. "You do not have the right to marry Juliet!" Juliet's father yelled. "Why is that? I love her." Romeo said. "Because she does not deserve a boy who disobeys her father's rules." Juliet's father yelled. "I did not mean to disobey your rules kind sir. I disobeyed your rules out of love for your dear Juliet." Romeo said. "Well, I would consider that you would marry her but you broke my rules. I said stay away from her and you could not obey. Therefore, you must suffer the consequences. Drink your wine that I have served Sir Romeo." Juliet's father said. Romeo did as he was told and then he turned pale. "What have you done to my wine?" He squeaked. "I poisoned it. That was your consequence." Juliet's father said. Romeo coughed. "Tell Juliet- (cough cough) That I love (cough cough) her." Then, Romeo died. Juliet screamed. "Juliet it is not what you think." Juliet's father said. "Where art thou Romeo I love you too, since you died for me I shall die too so we can be together forever." Juliet said. She grabbed Romeo's wine glass and drank from it. She said her final words. "Since you killed my loved one (cough cough) I shall die, that is your (cough cough) consequence." Juliet sacrificed her life for Romeo. The End. I looked up from the book crying. "What's wrong Mikala?" Susan asked. "Romeo and Juliet that's what." I cried. "You actually read that?" Susan asked. "Ya. I have to English assignment due tomorrow. So, I read Romeo and Juliet it was so sad." I continued crying. "What?? We have an English assignment due tomorrow?" Susan asked. "Ya, we do. The assignment is to read a story from the textbook then write a book report about it. Mine is over Romeo and Juliet." I said. I finally stopped sobbing. "Oh crap! It's going to take me forever!" Susan saidm "No it won't that's why I brought my textbook and notebook to lunch so I could work on my book report. I am going to start writing my book report now. I opened my notebook and took my pencil out and started writing. I set my pencil down. Susan was reading my report over my shoulder. "That was beautiful." She sobbed. "I know it was. I have a feeling I'm going to get an A on my book report." I said. "If I was grading your paper I would give you an A+++. For Creativity, Devotion, and Just because." Susan said with a smile. The bell rang. Everyone went to the hallway to get their things and go to class. I can't wait to turn in my paper. I thought to myself.