Chapter 5: Didn't See That Coming

*Thanks to all my reads!!! Enjoy!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that one shot, all hell broke loose. Their airbags popped open and they hit the breaks hard, making the tires burn and squeal. And for the other cars behind them, it was too late to hit the breaks. They crashed into the car in front of them and all the cars start to flip over. Some of them turned to a different direction hard, making them crash into another car and that car would flip to the side. The last one I saw drove over the rest of them and went off flying for a couple of seconds. Then crashed down hard, landing upside down. Making everything explode. BOOM!!! Huge rage of fire burst through life, and I duck down, feeling the heat from the first on my face. Large dark smoke is starting to form and rise from the fire. There were about 7 cars behind us, now they're all gone.

Oops.

I sit back down on my seat, I'm not sure if I should feel terrible for killing all those men... Or ecstatic!! I mean come on, that was Awesome!!! But then again, I killed all those men, and they were just doing their job. Wow, I seriously didn't see that coming.

It was silent for a few seconds until the car bursts with cheers. Ale, Vanne, Alex, and Ozzy are fist pumping the air and patting my back. I stay silent because of my mixed emotions about it. Do I cheer too? Say thank you to them compliments? Or tell them to shut up? That it's not funny at all...?

"Whoo!!! Andie, that was awesome!!!" Alex says excitedly to me. "That was so BAD ASS!!!" He nearly shouts.

"Yeah, Andie, that was so cool! How did you do that!?" Ale says cheerfully.

"Ummm," I don't know what to say.

"It's ok, Andie. Don't worry about it. You did it for us." Vanne says, putting a hand on my shoulder to reassure me. She's right, I did do it for them. I did it to protect my friends. No, my family.

I breathe out a sigh of relief, since I was holding it in for a while. I look straight ahead and see that Oscars car has stopped so Ozzy stops right next to him on the left and they both pull down their windows to speak.

"What happened back there?" Oscar says, startled.

That's probably the first time that I have ever seen Oscar look like that and I burst out laughing. I slap my hands to my mouth but keep on laughing. It's just so funny! His face! I see that Oscar has a questioning look but a smile is starting to form from the corner of his lips. My laughter dies down after a while and I take a deep breath.

"Andie caused it," Alex says quickly from the back seat after I stopped laughing. He says it like a 5 year old does when someone did something bad.

"Hey!" I say to Alex, defensively, turning my body towards the backseats to look at him, "not exactly, Ozzy told me too." I cross my arms and glare at him.

"Yeah, I did and you did a great job. I was surprised how well that went," Ozzy says.

"What? It went well? I pretty much blew them all up!" I say as I throw my arms up to the air.

I hear a chuckle from my right and I glare at Oscar. I narrow my eyes at him. "You did do a good job," Oscar says. "Thank you, Andie. They were close from getting us," he says with his eyes shining.

I smile shyly and nod my head, not knowing what I should say. Oscar pulls off and tells us to follow him, so we do.

***

We stopped in the middle of an empty freeway and everyone jumped with question of what happened. Ozzy, Vanne, Ale, and Alex explained everything while I stay quiet. Everyone is impressed and cheerful, thanking me and whatnot. All I did was say small your welcomes and some thank you's.