Chapter 8: Idiots

It felt like I was down there for hours. But luckily, Marcus came and took over for the rest of the night. I was so thankful because I was falling asleep while I was watching the guys. Bobby was talking to me nonstop about things that didn't really interest me and I would doze off every now and then but then snap awake. I swear, he talks as much as a girl, and that's saying something. Dean didn't say much, sometimes we would make long eye contact until I couldn't handle it and had to look away. How...weird. But I couldn't help look back at him.

I went straight to bed, though I had to shove Vanessa to the side a little because she was taking up most of the bed.

Now it's early morning, I'm in the kitchen with Vanne and Ale eating Cheerios. Yes, Cheerios! The girls found them, which I'm thankful for, it's been a long time since I've had some cereal. And the milk? Well, we don't have any milk, but I don't mind eating the cereal just by it's self.

"So, where were you yesterday?" Vanne asks me as she picks around her Cheerios with her fingers.

"Ozzy made me do afternoon shift for the prisoners," I mumble angrily and say the word, prisoners, with a little too much force. Now I'm munching on my Cheerios angrily.

"That sucks," she says and starts to eat her Cheerios. She sounded a little relived and kind of off, but I don't ask about it.

We all fall silent for a while, lost in our own thoughts, then something pops into my head. "Oh, speaking of yesterday," I smirk, "what happened last night with you and..." I trail off and lift up my eyebrows at Ale. She instantly starts to blush when she realizes that I'm talking about her and Sam.

"Ooooh, what did you guys do?" Vanne teases and we laugh. Ales cheeks turn to fire and we start to laugh some more.

"Oh, shut up!" She says to us over our laughter.

"Your blushing!" I accuse at her while I'm laughing. "Look! You're a tomato!"

"Why are you blushing, huh?" Vanne asks and giggles, "something did happen last night," she says excitedly and throws some Cheerios towards Ale.

She lift her arms up to block herself. "What!? No!!!" she says then slaps her hands to her cheeks to hide her burning cheeks from us. "I'm not blushing! And- And nothing happened," she stutters. "And don't throw your Cheerios at me! That's a waste!"

"Stope lying," I say and throw some Cheerios at her too.

"Something definitely happened last night," Vanne says and grins evilly.

"Nothing happened!" she shouts out hysterically and throws her hands up in the air.

"Shhhhhh," we shove a finger to our lips and shush her. Some are still sleep. She immediately shuts her mouth and gives us an annoyed glare.

"Tell us," I demand, "secrets don't make friends," I say and cross my arms.

"Yeah, and I'm not afraid to use my Cheerios," Vanne threatens with a Cheerios between her tump and index finger and narrows her eyes at her.

She gives us a look of surrender and sighs exasperatedly. She looks around to make sure nobody is around to hear what she's going to say, and me and Vanne mirror her actions. Then we get closer to her and huddle up, listening to what she's going to say.

"What- Get away," she giggles and steps back. "I'll tell you guys later," she winks at us and talks away.

"What? No tell us right now!" Vanne orders and throws a Cheerio at her but misses her.

"Yeah, what the hell, Ale!? Get your ass back over here!" I call out to her.

She's already gone, though. But we still hear her call out to us, "No!"