Chapter 2,The vision

I was in the car while mom was driving us home when I heard her say something."How was practice?" She asked with her eyes on the road,"it was ok,same as always" I said looking out the window at the forest.I started closing my eyes then I saw a figure in the forest,staring at me with cold dark eyes with a face hidden under a cloak.When I blinked it was gone,"did you hear me?" Mom said looking at me.I looked at her and shook my head,"sorry mom,I wasn't listening" I said."I asked if u wanted to see Jason,he is awake and can have visitors" she said happily,"sure,I would love to I said still thinking about the figure."What was it" I thought "and why was it staring at me?"

We made it to the hospital and I was so excited to see him.When we walked in his room,he was laying on a hospital bed watching TV."Hey Jason" I said,he look at me and smiled."Hey Mike,so good to see u" he said,mom smiles and said hi to him and he returned the greeting.I sat beside him and smiled,"I'm glad y'all are here" he said."y'all are like the only family I have left" and he had a tear in his eye,I wiped it off and hugged him."I'm sorry about your mom" I said,"it's ok" he said wiping his eyes and sniffing."I'm here for u Jason,always" I said smiling and let go if him,mom gave him a hug then we left.After we got home I plopped on my bed and groaned,I thought about that figure and what it was.I laid there for a few more minutes then got up and went to the bathroom,when I got out I saw mom crying in her room.When I walked near the door I heard dad talking and stopped,"it's ok,she's in a better place now" he said."but what is gonna happen to Jason?" She asked with worry in her voice,"he is gonna go to his grandmas,in Ohio" he said.

thx for reading the 2nd chapter of The Chase,hope u enjoyed and I'll be writing a chapter every day to 2 days.Thx so much again and please vote and leave a comment for more of this book :) -Bryce-

P.s. sorry for not publishing this yesterday,I didn't have time