Chapter 6: The Kiss

After about 2 hours of running,we sat down in a cave and took a breather."I'm so glad we are out of there," Anna said "but now that we have time I can finally introduce myself. I'm Anna Grant." I looked at her and smiled,"I'm Mike John Alexander,nice too meet you." "Nice to meet you too,so what do we do now?" She asked while sitting down next to me."Well......to be honest i don't know Anna,I haven't got that far" I said looking through the opening to see it was turning night. She yawned sleepy and put her head on my shoulder and wrapping her arm around me,"I'm tired," she said "can I sleep by u tonight?" I looked at her and she looked back,"yes,you may" I said yawning as well. I layed against a rock and she fell asleep on my shoulder,I took my jacket off and put it around her. "Goodnight anna" I whispered,she smiled in her sleep and cuddled closer. After about a hour I fell asleep.

When I woke up it was early in the mornin and Anna was still asleep,so I layed her down and went out to get some food. A hour later I came back to see she was still asleep,I smiled and skinned the deer i killed with a old gun I found. After I skinned and took off the meat,I burried it in the ground. Another hour went by and I had the dear meat ready to eat,then I heard Anna wake up. "Mornin sleepy head" I said smiling at her. She smiled back and said "mornin early bird,what's that good smell?" "Its our breakfast" I said giving her some dear jerky and eating some of my own. She took a bite and smiled at me,"this is dear jerky isn't it?" I nodded and ate the rest of mine,"I also found a gun and hunting knife in a old log,like someone was trying to hide it from someone or something." She shrugged and hugged me tightly,"thanks Mike,your the best." I hugged back and was about to kiss her head when I felt my phone in my pocket,I checked it and it said I had a txt message from a unknown number. I looked at it and it was from my sister Amy,who is 24 and lives in California, and it said 'Mike,where are you???'
I txted back 'I'll tell you later,I gtg for now,bye' then turned off my phone.I looked at Anna and she was sitting on a rock crying,I ran over to her and hugged her. She hugged back and cried,after about 5 minutes I asked if she was ok. "No,I miss my family" she said with her voice hoarse "and I want to go home." "I do too Anna,but for now we can't" I said "but I'm always here your you,no matter what." She looked at me for a second then kissed me,I sweet short kiss. I did the most senseable thing and kissed back,when she pulled away she looked me with hope in her eyes."thanks Mike,I don't know what I would do without you" she said hugging me tight.I hugged back and looked outside," ready to go?" I asked. "She nodded and we walked outside and walked deeper into the woods.