His little angel

The house grew closer each nervous step I took. I began to fidget. The golden sun was beginning to peek its head out from a pink stained horizon, not enough to shine yet, though. Alice turned to gaze up at me with her big eyes, my grip around her fragile body tightened, but not too much. My family stood in front of the house, studying my arms very carefully. We found ourselves in the same position as yesterday. I simply blocked my thoughts from Edward and hid Alice in my sweater. My face remained emotionless. They greeted me by throwing questions like; "Where were you?"

"Why were you with Jacob?"

"What are you holding?"

"How are you able to stand the smell of blood in the air?"

"Why are you shirtless again?" Everyone's head turned to Emmett, most of them began to pinch the bridge of their noses. "What?" He inquired. That was Emmett for you.

I gave them the note to pass around, and as they read it, a similar expression gathered on their faces.

"It's a human Jasper!" Esme gasped, being the last to read it. Everyone went into a frenzy of panic.

"Calm down everyone," Carlisle said with that strong voice only leaders use. "Jasper, I don't know if Alice can stay here, her blood is much...stronger than Bella's."

"She has to stay," Edward glanced at Alice and she giggled, showing two tiny teeth. "She's Jasper's soulmate." I smiled at Edward and told thank you in my head. "No problem," he replied out loud, hardly caring that the others heard.

I took Alice into my plain room. She began to laugh at the gray walls and white bed. We sat down on my bed, and she fell over and laughed again. I tapped her on the nose. "You funny bunny," I chuckled. No, that didn't sound right, I don't think Alice liked it either. "Pretty kitty?" At this, she clapped her hands and smiled.

Alice crawled into my arms, gave a yawn, and fell asleep. I watched her drift into the night then looked at the clock. It was still only three o'clock, plenty of time for Alice to sleep. Alice's heart beat hummed under my fingers and the burn began in the back of my throat.

"I'm going to need help with her," I whispered to the walls, letting out a long breath.

Rosalie came in, smirking. "I'll take her Jazz, in the meantime...put a shirt on," With that she scooped Alice out of my arms and into hers.

I know Rosalie loves children, but a tinge of anger still lit up inside me. I stared at the door, thinking about what had happened. I sat there with my mouth agape and my hands clasped in my lap, hoping she'd come back. Images began swirling in my mind then.

I was running along side of a girl who seemed about sixteen years old. She was gorgeous. Pale white skin, eyes darkened by the circles around them, and her fluffy dark hair was like a raven's wings. She was skinny and short, which was fine with me. It must have been Alice. I wasn't sure how she could run as fast as me, though. That was until I saw her eyes. Instead of a usual light green, they were crimson instead.

She was a vampire...a monster, like me. Then I found myself standing at a wedding next to Carlisle and in a suit looking down the long white carpet covered in flowers. There was Alice, in a pretty white dress, nearing me, this time her eyes were golden like mine. Next, I was, kissing her- not like a normal kiss- a real kiss, a kiss only soulmates would share.

I looked out the window to the soft golden light reaching the room, igniting it in an amazing morning fire. I checked my arms, which were empty. Where was Alice?