Swimmer

I taught Alice to walk, so I knew I had the right to teach her to swim. I never took her swimming before, just because she was so small I thought she would drown. she was working on her visions though, that was good.

"Jasper," she blew in my ear. "Jazz."

"Alice," I mocked. "Alice."

"Can I go swimming."

I sat up and sighed. "Fine fine. But you don't have a bathing suit."

"Or do I?" She said mysteriously. "Remember when I went shopping?"

"Oh I see." I picked her up and walked out into the living room.

"Morning Jasper," Nessie said with a smile.

"Hair's getting long," I laughed twisting a finger into her long bronze hair.

"Yeah I know," she pursed her lips. "What's going on?"

"Swimming," Emmett smirked. "Wanna come Ness?"

"Sure. Sounds good." Nessie. She acted the way she looked, sixteen, only being ten. The whole family agreed to go to an indoor swimming pool that was in Seattle. Five minutes later we were there.

Emmett dived in quickly with Alice's little green bucket and splashed water over Nessie, earning a scold from Esme and an angry Edward and Bella. He just laughed along with Alice and me. After awhile of fighting from Alice and a swift kick in the face, I finally got her in the water. It didn't take awhile for her to learn to swim. Alice pedaled around in the water, grinning over at me. I smiled back and let a small breath escape my lips.

"Look at me Jazz," Alice said jumping about in the cool waves. "I'm swimming."

"Good job Alice. You're doing great."

"I know." She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Oh you little-" she laughed when I began chasing her around. I wrapped my arms around her. "Alice Mary Cullen."

"Yes?"

"You're very silly." I threw her up a few inches in the air and caught her.

"Again!" She giggled. "Again!"

I did it again a few more times before we went home. I turned around in my seat and little Alice sat in her booster seat, her eyes closed. My lips curled up as I watched her sleep.

"She's great you know," Edward sounded, watching the road. "I knew she would be."

"Yeah," I replied.

"Don't let her go Jasper. She's special and now she has a family to love her."

"I want to find out who her parents are," I finally said.

"You should," Edward nodded. "For her."

I dug around in my pocket and pulled out a yellowing paper. The hand writing still could be read easily. "Here we are."

"You still have that?"

I didn't answer, instead I reread it for the millionth time, putting information together. I need you to know. Still I wanted to know what the rest was. I squinted pass the blood and finally saw the rest.

-Alice will have visions of the future. Her doctor told us. If you must know, her whole name is Mary Alice Brandon, and her sister is Cynthia May Brandon. Please take care of my baby.

TO BE CONTINUED...