Chapter Seven

Their arrival at the airport was quiet and unsettling. As two boys and a girl climbed out of the car and grabbed their small over night bags before quickly making their way inside the airport.

"I can't believe that you are a cross dresser Scota. I have to admit you do look like you could pass for a male." Angel snickered. Making sure to keep his voice low enough that it wouldn't be heard by the surrounding people.

"It's a wig and I inserted a special voice modulator into my mouth." Scota shot back still grumpy that that was the first passport and identification papers that she had grabbed for herself.

"Just for the record," Lena interjected. "I really don't want to cross dress."

Scota gave a long sigh. "Don't worry you won't have to. I just wanted to make it as hard as possible for them to find us."

"That's great and all. But, I don't get why we're at the airport, are we flying to Las Vegas?" Angel said suddenly lighting up.

"Nope, we are going to Germany." Scota said looking at the information board, calmly knowing about the upcoming tirade, to find where their terminal would be located.

Angel froze. "Uh, no we're not. I refuse to fly out of the U.S. What if something bad happens and we don't have any rights where we are? I'm not taking that chance."

"Well it looks like you will be taking that chance unless you want to die by the end of today. And anyways I've already booked the flight and made all of the necessary preparations." The newly made male Scota said in a hushed tone.

They fell into line for security checks. As Scota walked through the metal detector, the piercing wails of sirens made all of the security officials reach for their taser holsters.

"Sir, put your hands in the air. And step away from the metal detector." A large intimidating security guard came forward.

"Oh, I'm sorry," a deep Russian voice said, "I had forgotten to take my cuff links off." Male and Russian Scota looked perfectly chastised.

Angel and Lena's eyes widened, before they remembered from before.

"These are voice concealers, they can change your voice into anything you want it to be. It took a long time to get it just right, but it is customizable. It goes on the roof of your mouth. Even better there isn't any metal in it, so metal detectors can't pick it up." Scota said holding up a clear slender disk.

The security guard carefully approached Scota, before roughly yanking up her silk dress shirt clad arm. The cuff links were indeed there, just as Scota had said.

"May I, Sir?" Scota questioned.

The man gave a terse nod.

Scota calmly took them out. And then dropped them into the outstretched palm of the guard. He carefully examined them before handing them over to be scanned. They passed through no problem.

After Angel and Lena came over after the whole ordeal was finished, Angel opened his mouth to give Scota a verbal lashing.

"Sc-" Angel began.

"I know, I noticed earlier that everyone here is very twitchy. I wanted to check to see how they would react to something like that. They may have received a threat alert." Scota hummed at the end, her unfocused eyes danced across the walls as they walked to the waiting ara before boarding the plane.

Lena reached over and gave Scota a soft smack to the back of the head. Which effectively snapped Scota out of her thought daze.

"What time are we boarding?" Lena asked, she looked uncomfortable in her couture clothes. She's normally found in a bohemian style, so anything tight or revealing is not her cup of tea.

"I know for both of you, you've been in airplanes more than the years I've been alive. I, however, have not. So, which one is the plane again?" Angel said. He looked just enraged with life as he was in forced into a preppy and colorful style of clothing. "And I can't believe I'm not wearing black. I need my clothing to reflect my heart."

"What heart?" Lena sassed.

"Exactly." Angel proclaimed.

Scota quickly resumed the role of the Russian old man. " Now, now, I know you two are anxious to get to our vacation home, but we have to be patient."

"Ugh, like, Grandpa do we have to?" Lena complained in a surfer voice.

"Yes, Grandpa, why do we have to be patient? You know how much I hate flying. I just want this to be over." Angel spat out.

Angel made a gesture with his hand that is quite popular with teenagers. Rotating the hand and ending with the palm up to indicate frustration or confusion. But, that was a sign Angel saw they were being followed.

Scota let out a deep chuckle. And gently clasped Angel's shoulder. She has the enemies in view. Lena made a gesture to get on the ramp once when their flight was announced.

They all knew this plane ride was not going to be smooth.