Missing Mother

Prologue

My mother disappeared about 2 months ago but I've never forgotten about her. My dad died when I was 6 so all I have left is my 8-year old sister Paige. I'm 18 now so I'm legally able to care for her. She misses her more than me I bet. Before I tell more I will start the story when my mother was with us.

Chapter 1

"Mom!" I yelled from my bedroom. "Yes honey?" "Is breakfast ready?!" "Yup now come down and eat!" "Ok, ok."

"Paige! Wake up!" I knocked on her door as loud as I could. "I'm awake!Gosh!" Sorry! I walked down the stairs into my kitchen. I ate then went back to my room to get dressed. I put on a black tank top and a jean jacket with dark wash skinny jeans. I got my black socks and put my black Converse on. I grabbed my backpack and walked out the door on my way to school. While walking I saw a stray kitten. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen. I pet it but I knew we couldn't have a pet so I didn't even think about taking it home. "It's too much responsibility." That's what my mom used to say. I hated when she said that. I mean we're not poor it's just we can't afford the bills and other things for a pet.

It was a warm fall day and my first day of 12th grade. I was 17 then. When I walked into my first hour I saw my best friend of 8 years. Her name was Jaime. I hugged her and met up with my other classmates also. When the bell rang for first hour, we sat down and the teacher took attendance. My first hour was history. Greaaat. I don't like history at all but I have to do it. My history class was good though today. I hoped it was like that everyday.

At lunch, I sat by Jaime and a couple of other friends. When I was eating, my boyfriend Jason walked up to me and sat down. I talked to him and walked to 6th hour with him. He walked to my classroom with me and hugged me before be left. Some people say we have the cutest relationship but there's nothing different about it than others to me. I mean we've been together 6 months and still hasn't kissed me! But I knew he was waiting for the right time. He was the best boyfriend ever but then again he was my first boyfriend.

After school he walked me home and of course hugged me and I walked inside of my house. "Bye J!" "Bye Ana!" He always called me Ana for short or Lee but I prefer Ana.

"SHOOT! Forgot to pick up Paige!" I yelled and ran out the door. When I got there she was just sitting there by the school doors. "Sorry..." I said. "You were with Jason weren't you? You always do this! I'll just walk home myself the next time you do that to me again."

Mom wasn't coming home that night for 3rd shift, so I decided to make dinner. I made Macaroni and Cheese along with hot dogs. Paige and I ate and then I went to do homework in the office room of the house. I hated that we had homework on the first day if school. When I finished my homework, Paige wanted ice cream. It was about 7 and so we walked to Dairy Queen which wasn't that far just a block away. We walked back and was back home at about 7:30. We went to sleep after eating some ice cream and watching TV for a little bit.

The next day I woke up, took a shower and got dressed. I decided today I would wear makeup but I rarely ever wear it. I got my clothes ready which were my new white flowy shirt and my long capris with my white sandals. I went downstairs to eat breakfast and my mom still didn't come home yet so I decided to make waffles for the both of us. When we were done, I had to walk Paige to school so we left a little early. When I got to school, Jaime asked if I wanted to go shopping after school. I told her yeah but we'd have to pick Paige up and drop her off and she said it was okay.

After school we got into Jaime's car because I don't have one yet. I was supposed to get one for my birthday but that probably won't happen. We picked up Paige and dropped her off. We drove to the mall and I only had 20 dollars so I didn't get much. I only bought a 10 dollar shirt with studs on the collar and had buttons and it was sleeveless.

When Jaime dropped me off I got into the house. I didn't see Paige so I just thought she went to sleep. I don't see my mom either. I was getting worried something happened to them...