Chapter 7

We decided to call the police. They said they couldn't file a missing persons report because it hasn't been 24 hours yet. We waited till the next day at home just in case she came back. She never did. When we woke up, I made breakfast and we had to go to the police station later.

We went for a walk around our street to look. Even though we knew she wouldn't be there. When we got back, it was about 2. We both went to the police station to go file the missing persons report. She wouldn't leave us on purpose...Would she?

After we finished the missing persons report, we stayed at the police station. A little while later, a police officer came to us. "We can't go on a search yet for your mother...", he said. "What? Why can't you?!", I said angrily. "Well, all of our search teams are out looking for other lost people. If we get people from out of state, it would take about two weeks to get here. I'm sorry." "We'll just go find her ourselves then! She could be dead by then!" I shouted standing up and walking out the door. "You can't do that with no help!", he yelled before we were fully out the door.

We got home and all I could think of was the card that the guy gave me. I knew it'd be in the kitchen so I check on the fridge, in the cabinets, and on the island table. There was one place I haven't checked...the mail drawer. I searched through all the letters and finally found the card. It had the phone number on it so I called him. Ring ring ring. No answer. I guess I'll leave a voicemail. "I know you have our mother. Whatever you want, we'll give to you. Just don't kill her. Please?" I said. Then I hung up.

We spent the night at the house. The next morning, I looked for an address on the card. I called Jaime to help drive us places and I'd give her gas money with the little I had left. We went to the address on the card. Once we got there, we knocked on the door. No one answered of course. "You guys want to stay at my house for now?", Jaime asked us. "Sure. Thanks." I said.

We drove to our house to grab some stuff and then went to Jaime's house and it was around 7:30. I took a shower at 8 and and then put my pajamas on. After taking my shower, we ate since we missed dinner time. We ate chicken nuggets and fries. That was what Paige wanted so we made them.

We went to sleep at 10. Paige and I both slept in the guest bedroom.

When I woke up, Paige was already out of bed. I took out my clothes and put them on. Then went downstairs for breakfast. I could already smell it coming from the kitchen. We had bacon, eggs and toast. De-licous! After eating breakfast, we took another walk around Jaime's neighborhood to see if maybe our mom went here to get something out of the old house.

While on the walk, we decided to go see our old house. Once we got there, I checked to see if the door was unlocked. It was. We walked inside. We all walked separate ways into the house. I went upstairs. I walked over to my moms old bedroom. I looked around and didn't see anything. Then I opened her closet. I saw something shiny on the floor in the corner. It was my moms favorite bracelet. It was broken and all the beads had fallen off. She was here before being taken....

A/N: Heyy another clue! Woohoo! Wonder what happened before her mother got kidnapped. Why was the bracelet in the closet?? Hmp.....

-Adelaaa<3