Prologue

Prologue

                  As he look at those unique pair of sapphire eyes, his emerald green one sparkled with adoration. His hand clasp hers, as those spellbinding eyes swam in her longing gaze. She smiled, enjoying the feeling he was giving her. The connection between their souls are quite intense, overpowering the cold breeze that brushes through their skin.

                  From where they stood, a picturesque mountain played the role of a breathtaking background. Behind them was a beautiful massive log home nestled next to a magnificent river. The chirping of the insects could be heard from a distance, to where the series of tall pines stood.

                  The evening zephyr gently passed through, stirring their hair slightly, like a lullaby. The both of them look at the sky and hidden behind a blanket of stars was the moon, surrounded by a brigade of blustery clouds. Like pillars of fire, they glowed, majestic and simply astonishing.

                  “Isn't it beautiful?” she asked, her voice was enveloped by utter fascination.

                  “Nothing can be beautiful than seeing you stood before me, holding my hand, and gave me a kind of smile that made my heart race,” he said with a voice that took her breath away.

                  All of a sudden, her bright smile vanished. The soothing surrounding became tense. Her mesmerizing ruby red eyes faded into gray as those gaze turned shallow beneath his green eyes. 

                  She tightened her grip on him, fear could be seen from her eyes. “What if he come back for me?”

                  “I won't let him take you. I promise that,” with a voice that sends a wave of gentleness through her veins, he lean forward and planted a kiss on her forehead, providing her a feeling of reassurance. She smiled and rest her head on his broad shoulder.

                  The two of them enjoyed the silence and solace of the peaceful night, oblivious of the horror that awaits them.