Chapter 8: Saving The Bad Boy

“I was your cure and you were my disease. I was saving you, and you were killing me.”

Chapter 8: Saving The Bad Boy

                  Daniel woke up with a burning sensation on his throat. His mouth were dry, so dry that not even a single shriek could escape. His head was spinning and aching so bad. His heart was pounding beneath his chest as though he ran nonstop for a day. His body are covered in perspiration, but even so, the sensation was quite ironic. The boy tried to sit up but his legs are wobbly and so as his arms. He felt terrible than the previous day. Having no energy for some odd reason, he remain on his bed for a moment and tried sitting up again.

                  Once he succeeded, his arms went numb for using much force. Daniel rub his arms weakly and swallow the residue liquid on his mouth, providing his throat a little bit of moisture. He felt weird and he didn't like it. The boy raise his hands, attempting to stretch it but his arms seems to be too shaky to handle. Daniel forced himself to stand which leads him to fall on the cold floor instead. He begin to cough, though he wasn't sure if was his saliva anymore. The taste of his mouth was oddly bitter and the texture was kind of leathery. He wonder what's wrong. He'd been sick before but this one seems to be too much.

                  Soon, he became weak, so weak that getting up and getting something to drink was a big challenge for him. But he know he had to. His throat was losing its moisture and he was afraid it will officially dried up if he didn't take any action. The boy took a deep breath and crawl his way through the door. Luckily, he managed to stand on his feet afterwards. Although he had to grip on the doorknob for balance. Daniel open his bedroom door and went out. He immediately search for a nearest thing he could use for support. Unfortunately, he couldn't found any. So he ended up, walking like a drunken retard on the dim hallway. Finally, he arrived at the staircase successfully. Daniel succeeded to go down on the first step but on the second, he lost his balance, causing for the poor boy to fall mercilessly until the very end of the stairs.

                  Daniel wince when his spinal cord bumped on the end of the steps. His headache doubled itself after his head hit in quite a few times on his way down. A cruel bone cracking sound was heard from the part of his rib cage that made him grunted in pain and mentally curse under his breath. A few more attempts to stand until he collapse on the floor, unable to control his body. He begin to rapidly blink his eyes, trying to prevent the thick white cloud that was threatening to invade his vision. The chilly feeling was immediately replaced by a totally hot one. He felt as though he was literally on fire; from the top of his head down to his toe. The air seems suffocating to the point that he was panting for air, breathing heavily like he was catching his last breath. The cruel torture continue and soon, his lungs begin to beg for an oxygen. His tongue was now numb, his ligaments, his blood vessels, his limbs, everything. What is happening?

                  No matter how much he wanted to call for help he couldn't do anything but to lie there, completely stuck and vulnerable. Being stuck in a dark place with having no one but his helpless self was the most frightening thing than anything else. If he's going to die, he preferred to lose his life in the arms of someone than to die alone in a poor state. That's the last thing he wanted. At that moment, there was only one person he couldn't stop thinking about. The urge of shouting her name seems to be impossible, judging by his current situation. As much as he don't want to admit it, he needs the girl. He need her help. He need her company. He wanted someone to be here for him when he was... weak.

***

                  Red was on her room, sleeping soundly as it is. Her petite body was curled into ball, hugging herself tightly. The smile from the night before was still intact on her lips, clearly not moving on from the last encounter with the boy before he goes off to bed. Light snores could be heard coming deep within her chest, sweet and serene. Her arm twitched frequently, but became still after a few seconds. The sound of her breathing rang out across the silent room. It was indeed a good night. A happy peaceful night.