Chapter 16

( Avalon's P.O.V )

Could tonight have possibly gotten any better?

I had my first kiss!!!

AND IT WAS WITH BAILEY!!!

It was the most perfect experience of my entire existence, never did I think something so...strange and un-appealing could be so....amazingly beautiful.

By the time we got inside, we were made more of rain than of skin. The sofa Bailey took out was drenched and completely destroyed...which I promised Bailey I would replace, his Mum is going to absolutely KILL us!! Bailey said to me that it was a spare couch so there was no need, I can't help but feel bad though.

We put the blankets and cushions inside and put the I-pod and speaker into large bowels of rice, to anybody else I'm sure tonight couldn't have possibly been anymore of a disaster, but it couldn't have went any better. The out-door cinema projector actually turned out fine and still worked perfectly, don't ask how because I have absolutely no idea how. There must have been like a protective metal or plastic around it, if that thing had have been ruined then Bailey really would have been screwed, it must have cost him a fortune!!

But anyways, Bailey went upstairs to change and to get me some dry clothes and a towel. I stood in the kitchen, leaning against the counter with my now bare feet fumbling against the cold tiled floor, the feeling of the stone beneath my toes made me uncomfortable and sent a rather sad feeling through me. The feeling of coldness always seemed to make me feel sad, I don't know why though. Beside the small little piece of sadness inside me caused by my cold feet, I couldn't have possibly been happier. A swarm of butterflies would always emerge in my chest and my stomach when I thought of the previous happenings, I would constantly replay tonight's episode over and over in my head, trying ever so desperately to remember every single detail so that I could jot it all down as soon as I got home. I bite down on my bottom lip as the song ' hey everybody ' by 5sos played in the living room loudly.

" Bailey?" I called softly as I moved my frozen feet across the extremely cold tiles, out onto the not even nearly warmer wooden floored hallway and into the living room. Once I was face to face with the slightly opened door, I moved a shaky hand upwards and pushed the door open to see Brandon sprawled across the sofa with one foot on the floor, wearing only his jeans now and a pair of clean, white socks. I couldn't help but notice that he wasn't wearing a shirt, making a fine looking six pack visible, in one hand was a Snickers bar and in the other was an X-box remote. My cheeks blushed red as I realised that I had walked in on his chill time.

" No sorry, just me." Brandon looked up at me with an interesting expression, one I can't quite describe. His lips were parted slightly and his body stiffened as I looked down at his chilled out self.

" Sorry, didn't mean to intrude." I said sheepishly to him and turned to move out of the room and go on a quest to find Mr.Bailey.

" No, no it's okay. Come on in if you like." Brandon pulled a rather dirty look, turning his attention back to the TV and continuing to fiddle with the buttons on his X-Box controller. Although his expression made me think that he wanted me to simply piss off, his voice was soft, and kind with a tint of un-easiness to it, his body was still stiff as I moved my frozen and soaking wet body into the room. A chuckle sounded behind me as I walked past him and stood next to the light fire. A bucket of coal, a bag of sticks and an old newspaper lay beside the harth of the fireplace, Brandon had clearly used his common sense and light the fire once he seen the rain, which I am unbelievably grateful for as the heat of the fire warmed my body immediately. " What happened you?" He giggled. " Ever heard of an umbrella?"

What could have been a cheeky comment, was actually spoken with kindness and humour.

I smiled softly to myself as I imagined how much of a state I must look.