Chapter 17

( Avalon's P.O.V )

When I walked into Bailey's room, now dressed, I was shocked to see that the bed had been made to perfection, Bailey never cleans his room or makes his bed, at least not unless I tell him to. But I was more shocked to see that Bailey wasn't in the room at all, I peeped my head around the doors in case he was hiding behind them to try and scare the living day-lights out of me, but to my disappointment, he wasn't. The bedroom door was open slightly, maybe he went downstairs.

I moved across the room, and pulled the door open further, allowing the strong ray of light to stretch out into the blackness of the hallway once more. The carpet was now quite cold, it had lost the warm, fluffy feeling it had to it earlier on, I folded my arms across my stomach as I stepped down the stairs in search of Mr.Bailey, who had disappeared AGAIN. Although this time I do not blame him, as I did take quite a lot of time to get changed. Maybe he went back into the living room to talk to Brandon, I gripped the door handle and twisted it allowing the heat and the light from the living room to spill out into the darkness and coldness of the downstairs hallways. God, why is every hallway in this house dark and cold? Ever heard of radiators and lamps?

I'm joking I love this house.

Without bothering to call for Bailey as I stretched the door open, I simply looked inside expecting to find Brandon in the same resting position he had been previously, but instead, I found the living room empty. The newspapers, bucket of coal and bag of sticks that had been sitting beneath the harth before were now gone.

" Brandon?" I called into the four walls of the living room, but there was no reply.

A large, warm hand covered my mouth, and an arm wrapped itself around my waist, dragging me away from the living room and into the further darkness of the hallway.

" AH!" I screamed through the coverage of the warm hand, and kicked and kicked in aim of the persons leg. The soul of my foot banged against a chin and the person's grip on me was released.

" Ouch!"

I turned around to see Brandon rubbing the chin of his left leg, my eyes widened in guilt.

" Shit Brandon!" I yelped to him moving towards him to inspect the leg to see if I had done any real damage, thankfully I hadn't, he would only be left with a small bruise. He stood up, pushing back his shoulders, which made cracking noises as he did so. His height over-powered me as he stood before me, he was so large and tall, much like Bailey. I can't even imagine how puny I must look standing next to him, I'm short enough without having someone like Brandon to make me look any smaller than I am. I looked to the ground and folded my arms across my chest. " Didn't anyone ever tell you not to sneak up on someone?"

" And didn't anyone ever tell you to take a joke?" He said to me, keeping his lips parted as he slide his body past mine, radiating all the heat off of his body onto mine as his bare arm brushed against my bony shoulders. I opened my mouth to speak as he moved further into the living room, but soon cut myself off as I looked to the bottom of his right shoulder, where a scar was implanted in his skin. The scar wasn't imparticularily large, but it definitely wasn't small either. My cheeks burdened red as I looked to the ground, in the corner of my eye I saw Brandon had turned around to look at me. " What's wrong?"

Maybe I shouldn't ask...it might be rude.

I lifted my head to look at Brandon, but instead of meeting his gaze, I looked at his shoulder, imagining the scar that I had seen seconds before.

Brandon dropped his head to the ground, and slowly turned around again, this time flexing his muscles so I could have a clearer look at the scar, I edged closer to him. Raising a shaky finger and running it across the scar, suddenly I realised what type of scar it was.