Chapter 12

"Kai! How much futher? Im exhausted." I complained and saw Kai roll his eyes out of the corner of my eye.

"What do you mean your exhausted? All you've done is sit in the passenger seat for the past hour and a half Laynie." He gave me a smirk and kept his eyes on the road.

Laynie - Asshole.

Kai - I heard that Laynie.

He chuckled when I pulled my hood further over my head, covering my face. We had been on the road for the past hour and a half to who knows where, looking for his friend the witch, and I wasnt sure how much longer I could hold onto my sanity.

"You know its very rude to read people's minds without their knowledge." I growled at him while picking at my nails.

"Its also very rude to call people names. You dont hear me complaining do you?" I could tell he was getting frustrated with me already.

"I wouldnt have to if you would just answer a simple question!" I snapped at him.

He stayed quiet for a few minutes and stopped in front of a house in the middle of a suburban housing area.

"Were here." He gritted his teeth, got out slaming the car door and took our luggage out of the trunk.

I quietly got out and went to help him but he didnt even acknowledge me.

I sighed and shook my head. I wasnt going to be the one to apologize no matter how long it would take.

I followed him up the porch steps and watched him walk right in the front door. Not ringing the doorbell or knocking either.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I waited with Kai and listened for some sort of noise. Any noise. Nothing.

Kai started to walk up the stairs and I followed. We went into a bedroom and he set our stuff down on the bed for now. I sat down on the edge of the bed and sighed.

I took out my phone and saw five missed calls and ten text messages. They were all from Matrix.

"Crap!" I immediately stood up and went outside and called him back.

I waited as I heard the phone rang and he finally answered.

"Laynie!? Where are you? I come over to your house and Klaus is the one that tells me that you went out of town for a couple of days. Im really feeling the love here Laynie. Really feeling it." I was about to respond when he cut me off again.

"And seriously who the hell is Kai? Where did he come from? Where are you? When are you coming back home? I thought you said we needed to catch up with each other? What happened-"

I hung up and shut my phone off. I did not need his crazy side to deal with right now.

I stood back up and saw a car pull into the driveway. I was about to decide wheter or not I should go back inside when I felt a hand wrap around my waist and pull me out of sight, behind the house.