Chapter 9 - Laynie's POV

Kai loves me? But we've only known each other for a day and a half. How could he have fallen in love with me so easily?

"Kai I dont understand." I give him a confused look.

Kai smiled and laughed softly. "I can also read your mind too. So to answer your question it is very possible for me to fall in love with you in just a day and a half. It was quite easy as well."

He flashed me one of those sexy smiles and tightened his hold on ny waist.

"Why. That's whats bugging me is why didnt you do as you were told?" I tried to step back but he wouldn't let go of me. Which I didn't mind at all but I probably should've.

"That is whats bothering you? Not the fact that I am a demon or that you are one of the last remaining hunters?" He gave a soft chuckle and slowly came closer to me.

He was just inches away from me. He didnt move no further and it was killing me. I leaned in closing the distance between us and our lips collided.

I wrapped my arms around his neck at the same time he picked me up by my thighs. He bit my bottom lip asking for entrance and I let him.

Kia... I don't want to go to fast...

He pulled back a little and looked into my eyes. "Your tired aren't you?"

I slowly shook my head up and down and realized he was still holding me. He walked over to his bed and set me down on it.

"You can sleep in here and I'll sleep on the couch this time. Sound good?" He waited for some sort if answer from me but I was already curled up in his bed almost asleep.

"Goodnight Laynie." I heard Kai whisper to me as he kisses my forehead, shut the light off and walked down the hall.

I dont know what time it was but I knew it was almost morning. At least this time I wasn't drenched in sweat just breathing like a maniac. I sat up and looked around Kai's room and saw pictures.

There were blue daisies and a raging river. A swing hanging from a branch of a big oak tree.

Just like my dream.