Chapter 5

I ran. I ran until I couldn't run anymore. Then I ran some more.

My father was chasing me while drunk, I was running through the woods barefoot, it had started raining and Klaus had no idea. I had also left my phone in my car so there was no way for me to call him.

I was so out of breath that I just had to take a brake. So i hid behind a big enough tree that I had believed I was hidden well enough.

"Oh Laynie. Sweet daughter of mine. Where might have you ran off to?"

He was close. To close. I stood still anyway hoping he wouldnt see me. I heard leaves crunching and twigs breaking under his weight as he walked. The night air was chilling to the bone but I dared not move. Then it was as if I could feel him leaning against the other side of the tree. I waited. I waited for a few minutes to see whether or not he had given up yet. As I turned my head ever so slightly, I felt a hand wrap around my neck.

"There you are!" My father had his hand around my neck and was lifting me into the air.

"Father ... Please. I-I cant breathe ... Pl-Please let me g-go ..." I couldnt breathe in what felt like forever.

I kicked and scratched but he didnt even flinch once. I was running out of oxygen and out of time. I started seeing black in my vision with every passing second.

All I could think about was why. Why did my father decide to chase after me? Why was he yelling at me? Why was I too stupid to at least grab my phone or my shoes?

Then I heard another pair of footsteps. Running as if their life depended on it.

All of a sudden I was on the ground. I tried to stand up on my own, but I had no more strength of my own. I just layed there and I saw my father stumble towards the ground, about 10 feet away from where I was. I looked up to see who had saved me, hoping it was Niklaus. That some way he had found us.

All I saw when I looked for my savior was blood red eyes.

Then I blacked out only waking up a time or two to see tree's going past my vision. Which meant I was being carried back home.

Hopefully.