Mathematics

Princess' LOVE
Chapter 9 - Mathematics

"Tiffany Hwang."The teacher gave out the last set of marked maths exam papers in her hand before the bell rang, signaling the end of the day. Tiffany quickly took her paper back from her teacher and walked back to her seat before looking at her results. She is always nervous when it comes to maths because it's her weakest subject and the fact that her name was being called out the last made her even more anxious. The papers isn't stacked according to rank but looking at your classmates exchanging results, bragging about how well they have done made her even more worried. Her palms were sweating.

"How much did you get, Tiff?"Jessica nudged Tiffany by the elbow.

"I.. Don't know. I don't dare to look... I have a bad feeling."Tiffany held her rolled exam script tightly, eyes slightly tearing up. 

"How is it, Fany ah?"Taeyeon quickly move to his girlfriend when the teacher walked out of the class, wanting to know how his girlfriend has done.

"I think it's bad, TaeTae.."Tiffany said and rest her head on the table. Taeyeon slowly pull out the exam script from Tiffany's hand gently. He roll it open and look at the red mark at the top right hand corner.

"It's great, Fany ah!"Taeyeon said happily as he rubbed his girlfriend's back to comfort her. Jessica lean down closer towards Taeyeon to peek at Tiffany's result.

"It's better that mine, pabo! Don't be sad."Jessica and Tiffany have been teasing each other and they don't take names calling as an insult.

"Really?"

"Yes, take a look. I have to go, Yuri's waiting for me for lunch. See you next Monday. Text me if any thing happens, okay. Now don't be sad."Jessica bend down and gave Tiffany a hug as they bid goodbye. Jessica made a hand signal to Taeyeon to comfort Tiffany as they know that she have high expectations of herself in terms of academic.

"Should we go to the garden to look at your results? I think you will feel better there. They need to lock the class door soon, Fany."Taeyeon helped Tiffany pack her school bag and he carried it for her including his own bag.

"It's bad, right? Don't comfort me, TaeTae."Tiffany stood up and waited for Taeyeon to move before she move. Taeyeon took Tiffany's soft hand into his and pulled her with him towards the direction of the school's garden.

"No, you made an improvement. I'm so proud and happy for you."Taeyeon lead them to stand under the trees and Tiffany took her exam script from Taeyeon. She slowly unroll the exam script and look at the marks on top.

"70 out of 100, babe. It's good enough."Taeyeon quickly wrapped his arms around Tiffany when he saw that her eyes are glistening with tears.

"Sshhhh... It's better than before right? Shouldn't you be happy?"Taeyeon took the exam script away from her as he doesn't want her to look at it anymore. Tiffany shook her head, not happy about her results.

"I n-need at least a-an 85 marks for s-scholarship... Daddy w-wouldn't pay for m-my college next year if I d-decide to stay in S-Seoul. T-TaeTae, I n-need the s-scholarship..."Tiffany sobbed in Taeyeon's hold after telling Taeyeon her worries. She buried her head in his chest. Taeyeon was lost for words. He wouldn't expect Mr Hwang to do this to Tiffany.

"I'm j-just not a maths m-material unlike you. I'm d-dumb. I hate maths."

"No, you are not dumb. I don't allow you to say that. You are TaeTae's smartie pants. Look at your history and literature. You are always topping the cohort for those 2 subjects. Your humanities are so strong."Taeyeon kissed Tiffany's forehead to stop her from talking.