🍃Holly🍃

"Michael, what's going on?" I demanded once he'd teleported us back home. "Why did Luke faint?"

"It's complicated, Holly," he replied, sounding rushed as he dragged my uncle to the couch, helping his ghost sister fan him in an attempt to wake him up again.

"Does it have to do with what Jack did?" I asked. "I don't-"

"Holly, now is not the time to ask questions," Michael said, his voice sharp. "Please, just call your mum- shit..."

Well, that felt like an anvil to the face.

He shook his head, trying to recover from his flop. "I mean...call Colby, please. I don't think she's working right now. Please, just call her. Holly, you find Bonnie. She should be able to help, too."

The ghost girl nodded silently before disappearing, leaving me alone with my uncle and distant cousin.

"It's confusing, the two Holly's, isn't it?" I said, picking up the landline and punching in Colby's number.

Michael sighed. "You have no idea, Hols. I haven't seen her in a long time, though. It's too bad you don't have any siblings. A sibling bond can be stronger than anything in the world. Just look at Luke and Phoebe."

I nodded, pressing the phone to my ear as it began ringing.

"Hello?" Colby answered groggily, like she'd just woken up.

"Hi Colby, it's Holly," I said, my voice rushed. "Could you come over? Like, now? Uncle Luke passed out and we don't know what's wrong."

She groaned. "Couldn't Phoebe-" she cut herself off as she realized what she was about to say. "I'm on my way."

She hung up, leaving me feeling like the world was crashing around me.

My mother had been gone less than a day, and I was quickly realizing how important she was in all our lives.

Michael seemed to notice my worry. He placed a gentle hand on my shoulder, pulling me into a hug.

"You can't let yourself get too upset, Hols," he said quietly. "The more you stress yourself out, the more fuel they have against you."

"Why do you know so much about the voices, Michael?" I asked quietly, my voice strained. "It scares me."

"My past is complicated, sweetie," he said, his own voice small. "I just don't want you to have to go through some of things I had to go through when I was your age. Do you have work today?"

"I'll skip it," I replied immediately, but he shook his head.

"You need to go," he said. "You can't let all this keep you from your own life. What time does your shift start?"

"Michael-"

"Holly, what time does your shift start?"

I sighed. "Half an hour."

He glanced towards the clock on the mantel.

"You can stay until we find out what happened to your uncle," he said. "After that you're going. You can't blow off your responsibilities. You're eighteen, you need to focus on what you're committed to."

"Isn't family more important than a job?" I asked.

"Luke is going to be fine, Holly," he told me. "As for your mother...we'll find a way to save her. I promise."

"Why should I believe anything you say when you won't even tell me about your past?" I muttered, too quietly for him to hear as he turned his attention back to my uncle.