My First Monstercat Podcast Anniversary

One year ago today, I tuned in to my first live Monstercat Podcast ever, Episode 031. From the moment I heard the intro play through my iPad speakers from Monstercat's Twitch all the way to today when I listened to that episode again from 4-5 EST...it's been an unspeakable journey that extends far, far beyond words. I regret missing what I've missed, but I don't regret a second of what I've heard. To say that in a full year I've only missed one complete episode makes me very proud, and to say that I've been with Monstercat for over half of their livestreams is amazing too. There's no way to describe it simply. There are so many memories throughout the past year with the podcast that when I try to look back on all of them, it feels more than a little overwhelming. There are definitely a few that stand out to me. The times of hype for previews like Saiko, Inferno, Far Away...insane spotlights like Barracuda...the times Truth and its remixes were played...the times it would just make me want to dance, like Throne in 032...the times it would just blow me away, like Waking Dreams vs. Next Big Thing in 033...the times I heard a now-favorite song for the first time, like Frame of Mind in 034 and Calm Down in 072...the times it would make me laugh over the family, like in 070...the times of intense emotion, like Crave in 072...the best memories I have, such as those from Endeavour Week...the times of beauty, like Transition -> Leaving You in 054...the moments I look back on in awe, like Empire of Sound -> Memory in 060...the amazing day we heard from the staff in 039...the time I cried for joy for the first time in my life, at the end of the Altitude Edition...the moment Monstercat FM was revealed and opened...the days we'd get hyped for mystery tracks like Atlantic in 031...the infamous day of horrification, with Build the Cities in 047, turned to triumph with the Noisestorm remix of Bring the Madness...all the way up to yesterday, when I had my first podcast guest ever (I'll share more about that in my next part). And there are many moments which I don't remember off-hand, but each of them holds a special place deep in my heart. I've gone through one and a half notebooks writing Monstercat reviews, which I still write during every live podcast to keep the memories. Every time I open one of my review notebooks, I encounter something that either captivates me with memories or makes me laugh. The podcast has done so much for me. Each mix takes me on a magical journey that I cannot explain, and I never take a second for granted. The vibe has changed over a year's time, but the best hour of my week has always been Tuesday from 4 to 5 EST, the hour during which I refresh to face the rest of my week. If there is a frown on my face, it will always turn to a smile, no matter what songs are played. The Monstercat Podcast has not only become my escape from sadness, but it has become the core of my Monstercat fanhood. I can't imagine being a fan without it. It's held me close to Monstercat, and it's brought Monstercat closer to me. I can't wait for another amazing year with the Monstercat Podcast. I am rushing eagerly into what this next year will bring. I would like to dedicate this to Bad Kitty (Dan Scarcelli). Without him, there would be no podcast as we know it, and I am beyond grateful. For everything.

~Dilumi
October 14, 2015