Anna Yvette x Jonny Rose (Hunger Games Oneshot)

Anna quickly wraps the bandage around Jonny's leg, hurrying her job and trying not to stare up at him. She ties it closed and rapidly stands to her feet.
     "Thank you..." he says. "I knew I could trust you." Anna tries to calm her fast-beating heart as she does her best to half-smile back. He's got me feeling so restless... she thinks to herself. Jonny shifts himself back against the rock and closes his eyes, trying to rest. He looks so perfect that way... Anna instantly regrets the thoughts that run through her mind. No. It's all temporary here. This won't work. It never will.
     "We come here to die..." Anna says out loud to no one in particular. Jonny looks up at her, wondering what's going on in her mind. "It'll all be gone..." she murmurs.
     "Live while you can," Jonny says in a louder voice. She looks back at him, and their eyes lock together. "Take your last chance to feel alive."
     "I want to be free..." Anna whispers.
     "Life is strange," Jonny responds. "Spent so long hunting vultures as they fly...now I've become the hunted..." Anna cocks her head, trying to decipher his cryptic words. She turns her head to the side, looking out the cave entrance. There is no sound but the soft trickle of the river outside. Jonny will be safe here...for now. She, on the other hand, is in the mood to hunt.
     "You stay here. I'm going to find other tributes," she tells him, moving out from under the overhang in the back of the cave.
     "Anna." She looks back at him. The dim light shines off one half of his face, and the other half is thrown into shadows as his eyes are fixed intently on hers. "Remember what I said. Live while you can." She nods, a little too scared to say a word, then turns to leave.
     "Anna." What does he want now? she thinks.
     "Come closer." Puzzled by his request, she turns and kneels down beside him. "I want you to know something." With effort, he slowly lifts himself off the rock, wraps an arm around her neck and kisses her. She feels a surge of warmth rush through her body, and time seems to stop in the silence of the savory moment. Then Anna feels pain enter her body and consume every inch of her. She breaks apart from Jonny, having no strength to save her trembling body from falling to the floor of the cave.
     "You're right," he says. "We come here to die." Gasping, Anna clutches her chest, her fingers touching the metal blade and becoming soaked in her own blood. I never should have trusted someone like you... The thoughts are unable to escape her lips, and soon she is able to concentrate on nothing but the pain. Emotions of disbelief are left numb, overwhelmed by the sharp sensation, and Anna gets one last glimpse of Jonny's evil eyes just before her vision fades into blackness.