part three

I am trying really hard to put longer chapters. It is just impossible to do it when I have no time... so, here you go...

I found myself being taken back to the lake that I flew out of. The stick was still there. I decided to pick it up, and found that ice was formed around it when I touched it. I was confused. Why was this stick here? Did it give me special powers or something-

My thoughts were cut off my another. Who was I? Where did I come from? The answer should have been automatic. Still, all I knew was that I came from the ice. That was the obvious. I turned to the Moon, and asked him what my name was.

"First you have to decide. Do you want to know? Imagine the possible consequences. That staff of yours is very powerful. You will have to decide between light and dark. Between good and evil. Do not choose lightly. For if you go for good, then evil will be fighting to bring you down more than the others. You-"

"Woah. Wait." I interrupted him. "You're telling me that there are others like me? And that I- without even knowing who I am- will be fighting for what is right more than these others?"

"I am not saying that. What I am saying is that if you choose good, then you will be fighting against evil. That does not mean that good is right. Evil could be right for you. However, if you choose evil, you will not have the same struggle against light versus the opposite way around. I am sure that you have many questions, young one. However, I have to ask you one. Are you going to choose good or evil?"

"I need to know my name first. And about me. Why did you put me here?"

"When you choose, you will be on the first step to finding out who you are. You will find other things out with time."

"I accept the struggle. I choose good. I will NOT be evil. I don't want that. No matter what. I will not have it."

"Your name is Emma Frost. The others will find out about you soon enough. You will learn much more about yourself in time."

"That is not fair! I told you my side, now you tell me about myself."

I recieved no answer from Moon. That was the first and last conversation I had ever had with him. And it left me thinking. I stood there on frozen, blue lake. Emma Frost. Well, Frost had to do with ice. So did this staff give me powers? Did I have the ability to give snow around the world? Who were the others? Why did I have to battle evil more than they did? Was I more powerful? Did I have a special ability that evil wanted? That the others did not have? Could I get hurt? Was it possible?

I slowly skidded across the ice, making sure my new staff didn't touch anything. I slipped, and it scraped against the ice, leaving behind an elegant pattern of... well... ice. It went from smooth and sleek to textured and bumpy. There were lines that branched out into beautiful and unique curves and squiggles, and they all left behind a snowflake pattern.

I stood up to get a better look of what I had created. It was breathtaking. I could not believe that I had made something that amazing.

I tapped the bark of a tree with the curved half of my staff. The tree seemed to dissolve into ice. I turned my staff around and lightly touched the bark of another tree. It turned into ice. So, I was wondering why I would have to battle evil. My staff had no evil things about it. So, why was evil such a big threat to me personally instead of the entire world? Did the Man in the Moon think that evil would, or even could corrupt me?

I heard a laughing in the trees across the lake.

"Who's there?"

"Oh, but shouldn't you know? After all, you are the one who has to battle against me."

The mysterious voice was starting to creep me out. "And yet evil is simply a describing word. It does not need to be personified. Tell me your name."

"I," the voice whispered, "am Pitch Black."

"Well isn't that ironic. Show yourself."

"With pleasure." Pitch Black stepped out of the shadows.

"Are you one of the others Moon was talking about?"

"Yes. I am. You must be Emma Frost. I have been expecting you."

He did not hear the whole conversation? I could work with that. "Yes, I am."

"So, would you like to go back to my lair? Or would you like to see the destruction that I have placed on this little town?"

"I am not like you."

"Of course you are you silly girl. We are both evil."

"I chose good. I don't want to wreck havic on the world. I want to stop those who cause it."

"Really? Well, then let me show you what you have to battle against me." Pitch flung a mass of black matter at me. It hit me with the power of 100 cars slamming into a tree. I flew backward into an oak tree. I slid down it, nearly unconsious. I had felt the cracking of my ribs as i collided with the tree.

"That is only the beginning. You have no clue what kind of hell is coming your way." With that, Pitch Black turned away.