Baby Sitting Part 2

A/N: Thanks for reading everyone, I particularly like this chapter because it shows more of Christopher rather than the vampire drinking from other vampires. Also the beginning here is a flashback of Christopher and Ian about 7 years after they both arrived in 1852 (there in Arizona, If you want to know)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Christopher P.O.V

As I pulled into the Blackstone mansion for the first time in seven years, Ian stood there smiling.

“Welcome back, Christopher.” I grinned and took out my bags.

“How was the confederacy, are you a manly man?” I laughed and turned to him.

“I don’t think I count as a man. But hey I don’t feel 18 anymore, yet I still look like one.” Ian smirked.

“That’s the gift.” I rolled my eyes.

“That’s the curse!” He laughed and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, as we both walked back into the Blackstone mansion, ready to stay for a while, and honestly I wanted to.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bella P.O.V

I scowled as Christopher slid next to me on the roof. He sighed and looked back at me.

“Bells, what did I do?” I glared.

“Don’t call me Bells.” He rolled his eyes.

“Are you on your period or so-“

“You don’t even realize what you said, did you!” I sneered. He looked down for a while, before recognition hit his face.

“Bella, that didn’t apply to you and Edward, you know that?” I looked away.

“Bella, you and Edward are different. You guys are obviously meant to be and even if you don’t become a vampire you’ll always be together and life and death.” I grimaced.

“I plan to become a vampire, you know.” He nodded but looked up.

“As long as you’re sure about it, I have no problem with it.”

“Like I need your blessing.” He grinned, then the one question that’s been stuck in my head came up.

“Christopher honestly, why did you leave?” He looked away, his face cold and stoneful.

“You know why.” He murmured.

“I want the real reason!” I said. He looked momentarily shocked.

“Please don’t tell me your just some cold jerk who doesn’t care, why did you leave?” I whispered. He sighed and stayed quiet. With a deep breath, he started talking.

“Because I was dangerous.” Pissed I began getting up. He grabbed my arm.

“I told you-“

“Yeah you were dangerous, why couldn’t you deal with it!” He was silent.

“Wow, I guess I was wrong, wasn’t I?” Silence.

“Wasn’t I!”

“I left because if I stayed I would of drained every ounce of blood in your body….” I froze, he glared at me.

“And if I lose my family, the only thing keeping my humanity, then I really would be a monster, wouldn’t I?” Silence stood there, slowly I sat back down and looked away. After minutes of silence, I spoke up.