1

"Move, stupid creature with wings!" I exclaimed angrily as I try, but failing desperately to soar through the air. They were everywhere! They had small bodies with fur, small beaks, tiny wings, and not to mention they always got in my way. Huffing, I decided it would be better to walk. The pack wasn't much farther.

     I strolled in a daze, in awe from the beauty of the forest. The trees rose to the top of the sky like skyscrapers, and the only color I could see was a light green, as well as the muddy floor. Sunlight invaded its way through the cracks of the leaves, beaming down on me gently. In the background I could hear the sound of fresh water running. Maybe a small waterfall? Flowers I've never seen before surrounded me, striking my curiosity. Very vibrant and beautiful, I whispered in my head.

     All of a sudden, I hear a bit of rustling in the bushes behind me. A wolf with a shiny black coat came out, staring me down. I stared back defiantly. The wolf shifted into a "human", and I tried my best not to gawk at the beautiful man that stood before me. There was no doubt he was the Alpha of the pack that I was looking for; he radiated power. He had to be at least 6 feet tall, his muddy brown hair tousled like he had just woken up, accompanied with bright hazel green eyes that made you want to tell all your secrets. He was, indeed, a nice piece of art. I admired his beautiful, sculpted face before I heard him growl, "Mate."

     What? No way. I look around the woods frantically, to see if someone else was hiding in the bushes. Looking back to where he was standing, I point to myself.

     "Me?" I ask the mysterious man. He snickered.

     "You're the only one here, aren't you?"

     "Damn it! Mother, what the hell?" I exclaim, staring up at the sky.

     He looked at me weirdly.

     "Don't give me that look! I'm having a conversation with my Mother!"

     I hear my Mother's giggle fill my head. 'Aren't you excited?' She said. 'He's an Alpha, and he's gorgeous. You'll love him sweetheart.'

     I didn't understand. I wasn't a werewolf, or human. Why did she give me a mate? Now that I was aware that I was his mate, I could feel the slight pull that made me want to touch him. Before I could blink, he was now standing in front of me. 

"Beautiful," he breathed with the smile of a devil.

     I stepped back, slightly defensive. Damn, what the hell was I suppose to do now? I had barely started my destiny. How did this even work anyway?  From what my mother told me, when mates first meet, they start having pups. No!

     "I'm too young to have babies!" I exclaim in horror, staring at the incredibly handsome man. Pointing at him, I whisper quietly, "Keep it in your pants."

     He seemed a bit shocked by my sudden burst, but then he started to laugh. "Babies, huh? If that's what you're worried about, then we won't have any until you're ready." Then he leaned in and said. "You better prepare yourself. I want twenty kids."

     "Tw-tw-twenty?" I say in horror. I breathe in and out heavily. "I can't push that many kids out!" I cry. I bury my face in my hands and shake my head. "Damn it! She-wolves have it hard, man." A burst of bright laughter filled the air.

     He gently peels my hands from my face. "I was kidding." He says softly. When did he get so close? I'm so off task! I should be finding the Beta!

     "Um...are you the Alpha of Silver Angel Pack?" I ask, suddenly feeling nervous.

     "How did you know?" He asks curiously.

     "I'm here to see your Beta. You guys are having a mate ceremony today, right?"

     "You're Faith?" He asks, surprised.

     "Well damn. If the wings didn't give it away, then what did?" I say sarcastically. "Since you already know my name, what's yours?"

     "Roman." He replied with a smirk.