3

I don't remember the last time I was at a party. Actually, I don't think I've ever been to a party.

     After the ceremony, it was time for dancing and drinks. So, here I was standing off to the side as I watch the werewolves have their fun. Dancing did seem fun, but I didn't have anyone to dance with.

     I decided to retract my wings for the day. They were getting in the way, and I had no use for them right now.

     Questions were swarming around in my head. If I was suppose to bind werewolves, how would I do that when I had a mate? I couldn't leave Roman to travel around, it would hurt too much. Second of all, if he was an Alpha, wasn't I the Luna of this pack? During my training, I read all about werewolves. How their ranks run, their weaknesses, mates, anything.

     Speaking of Roman... where is he? Frowning, my eyes skim over the crowd. Gosh, it really is packed. Ha, get it?

You're so dumb, Faith!

     Sipping on my fizzy beverage, I turn and see Aria chatting it up with a few she-wolves. Shouldn't she be with Ryder? This is all about them, after all.

     The bush behind me suddenly rustles. I turn around slowly, as if waiting for something to pop out behind me and eat me. 

     "Boo." A deep voice says. Well, now I knew where Roman was.

     Chuckling, I turn around to the man who was my soul mate. "Was I suppose to get scared?" I ask, amused.

     He doesn't reply, but he smiles; the rare kind of smile that's genuine, the kind of smile you want to wrap up and keep away to yourself. 

"You're a big mystery, you know. You fall out the sky and invade my pack. No one has a clue who you are, except that you're Faith."

     "Then solve the mystery, silly." I tease. I haven't had someone who genuinely wanted to know me. All my life it's been Mother and I, along with the servants. I had two friends before who were from a different kingdom then I was. I frown at the thought.

     "I plan to." Roman replied, staring intently at me. He was trying to figure me out. Good luck, I could hardly figure myself out.

     Humming to the music, I scan the room again. I was feeling completely lost. I had no sense of direction. I wasn't sure whether I should stay or go.

"Do you have anywhere to stay? Even if you did, I would convince you to stay here."

     Another thing I completely forgot to consider. I didn't have a house, or any friends to stay with. I was alone in this vast place called Earth. I suddenly felt thrilled at the thought of staying in this beautiful pack house, with the opportunity to meet new people, and to get to know this man who I was supposedly destined to be with.

"Would that be okay?" I hesitated.

"It would be my honor to have you stay here."

YAY. Again, some things have changed, but I really do think that they've changed for the better. Jace is now Roman, and instead of black hair and green eyes (which felt too cheesy for me now), he has brown hair with hazel green eyes (eh, possibly still cheesy, but that's okay with me!)

Hope you guys still like it. :) Enjoy!