5

"Did you sleep alright?" Roman questioned, downing the banana nut pancakes.

     "Uh, yeah." I squeaked, feeling self-conscious. I didn't even comb my hair or brush my teeth! 

      "I'll be right back!" I managed to get out, before sprinting to the bathroom. I mean, I didn't actually sprint, but you know what I mean.

     I didn't look too bad. I washed my face and brushed my hair, deciding to brush my teeth after I ate so my food didn't taste weird.

     I sat back down next to Roman, reaching for a waffle and some bacon. I wasn't even sure what to say. We were still strangers at the end of the day.

     "Faith, I think you should stay here with the pack."

Well, that's one way to start a conversation.

      "I really think we could work something out. I don't want to hold you back or anything, but you're technically the Luna of this pack. The pack has been waiting for a Luna like you."

     "I understand."

"Maybe you could work on bonding mates that are within the pack. Or having mates who want to be bonded travel to you... Or, I don't know."

"We'll figure something out." I reassured, looking up at his hazel eyes and immediately regretting it. As soon as our gaze met, I felt blood rush to my face. Good thing I was tan and you couldn't notice.

    We sat in a short, comfortable silence before I asked, "So, how old are you?"

    "I'm twenty-four. And I already know you're eighteen." Damn, there goes that smirk again.

     "I'm just happy you aren't a grandpa." I chuckled at the thought. "I mean, you obviously aren't, just look at..." I trailed off awkwardly, not wanting to admit how incredibly good looking he is, but caving in anyways.

    "You're really handsome. I'm sure you're popular with the she-wolves."

     "I don't really pay attention. Why should I waste my time fooling around when I know I have a soul mate somewhere?"

     Phew, did he just get hotter? "So, i'm guessing you haven't really dated? Not that I would care if you did... because I can't change the past, you know?" I rambled.

He gazed at me amusingly. "I had a girlfriend when I was a teenager, but it didn't last long. My parents convinced me that my mate was worth waiting for and I'm actually happy that I listened to my parents for once. What about you?"

"There aren't many guys up in the clouds, you know?" I said seriously.

     He busted out laughing, before saying, "Good."

Oooooooh a bit of bonding. Sorry that this is short, but I wanted them to get a tiny bit closer! I'll try to upload something longer tomorrow! See y'all later ya girl has to study! Yikes!!